*sigh*

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 6393

the Vixen of Vancouver Island
Reaction score
My FZ6 just left the driveway with someone other than me on it.

Strange feeling, and a lil tear.

Lots of memories with that bike, and what it taught me? OMG....

Bye Sparky, be good!

bags.jpg

Nice looking FZ barb, almost picked up one for the boy.

I bet the new owner will take get care of it too! ;) :clapping:

--G

BTW kiddo -- Don't be gett'n no ideas about selling the FJR.

Painting the FJR black with blue pin stripe to match the Harley

Probably 2 Bros exhaust in my future too

And yes, Sparky has a great new life!

I'm sentimental about all sorts of things, stuff like that included for sure, Barb. I'll really feel it when the Blackbird goes next spring. Not because I ride much anymore (hardly at all), but because of the memories associated with it (people and times). I'll wallow in that for a day, shed a tear, and then resolve to move on (which sometimes feels too much like . . . just getting older).

MC sale remorse mojo heading your way if it helps.

Probably 2 Bros exhaust in my future too

And yes, Sparky has a great new life!
I bet you can't make it as loud as the Harley or as slow. :eek: :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny my old Dodge pulled outa the drive yesterday the same way.... didn't really think about it till I seen this earlier.

Memories... sleeping half the night in her in sub zero temps because I lost the keys while changing a flat..Hauling 4 yards of wet heavy dirt overloading the old girl to the max.

Making love to my first sheep in the bed...........

Ah the memories ;)

Barb--are you JOKING? Paint the Harley Galaxy Blue, for Gawd's sake.

But I had a hell of a lump in my throat driving away from the Yamaha dealer in Helena MT in a rented car before NAFO I in Golden, watching my forlorn-looking and badly dinged up first '05 Feejer getting smaller and smaller in the rear-view mirror.

Don't put too much stock in klown bois comments George.

He said the same thing aboot me nards when that nasty pic was shown here.

Sick fuker. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't mind getting losing the 800 I had- only had it a year and it really wasn't what I was looking for but the price was unbeatable at the time and I didn't mod it at all. The 1500 I moved up to OTOH had a lot of sentimental value in terms of travels, folks, mods, etc. I still miss that bike sometimes and it's been 4.5+ yrs. So I say yeah, depending on your experiences with an inanimate object sometimes it does feel icky when someone else rides away on it.

"am i nutz, or does it feel this icky to sell your first motorcycle?"

They are just machines, lifeless, with no soul... it is impossible to have any emotional attachment to a mere machine...

Yeah right.... <_<

Look at it this way: ol' Sparky will be ridden more (hopefully) and now you have space in the garage for something else :yahoo:

Griff

I'm sentimental about all sorts of things, stuff like that included for sure, Barb. I'll really feel it when the Blackbird goes next spring. Not because I ride much anymore (hardly at all), but because of the memories associated with it (people and times). I'll wallow in that for a day, shed a tear, and then resolve to move on (which sometimes feels too much like . . . just getting older).

MC sale remorse mojo heading your way if it helps.

I have waffled between having that sentimental attachment, and then seeing her sit, unused in the garage. That feeling won out in the end, the bike really DOES deserve to be ridden more than I was riding it.

I will miss her, but the memories remain, until that old age thing robs me...

Hopefully thats a ways down the road of life for me