Sill Running Like Crap!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick update. It has been 2200 miles since I fixed the S6 spider and ~3000 miles since my last rain running episode. No more wonky panel lights and 20 hours of riding in the rain last weekend without incident.

I believe the spider issue was totally separate from the crappy running in the rain but I may never know for sure. I think the past week has restored my faith in the bike's reliability.

I appreciate all the help and suggestions.

Ross

Makes perfect sense on S6 and the lights. S7 and S8 ground through S6 to S4. Someplace there is a diagram that shows the relationship between the spiders. The crappy running may very well been a portion of the same grounding problems. Fortunately, I think what you did takes care of the issue. Congratulations

Dan

Shall I say it again? :p
I consider myself "Neener'ed" once again. In my defence, this spider was not obvious. The connector only showed one tarnished leg and the BACK side of the housing showed a burned hot spot. Nothing like some of the total meltdowns I've seen in pictures on the forum.

Just a quick update. It has been 2200 miles since I fixed the S6 spider and ~3000 miles since my last rain running episode. No more wonky panel lights and 20 hours of riding in the rain last weekend without incident.

I believe the spider issue was totally separate from the crappy running in the rain but I may never know for sure. I think the past week has restored my faith in the bike's reliability.

I appreciate all the help and suggestions.

Ross

Makes perfect sense on S6 and the lights. S7 and S8 ground through S6 to S4. Someplace there is a diagram that shows the relationship between the spiders. The crappy running may very well been a portion of the same grounding problems. Fortunately, I think what you did takes care of the issue. Congratulations

Dan

Yeah, a bunch of stuff runs through S6, including feeds from S7 and S8. The running issue showed up long before the issues with the panel lights. "Crappy running" did not happen concurrently with the high beam-signal light issues. This is why I think it may be a totally separate problem. In any case, the bike has been symptom-free for a couple of thousand miles...

Ross