• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's LED Littlite Reservoir Mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyway

Reaction score
I made these a while back and have now only got around to posting them up. This is a mount for the Littlite LED, that can fit either left or right side handlebar reservoir. The mount also has 2 extra tapped holes to provide storage for additional supplied fasteners(shown in photo, in case you accidentally loose something while on the road. All fasteners are stainless steel. Also supplied are small rubber washers to aid in dampening vibration away from the light itself.

The 6061 billet aluminum base is machined to match the profile of the Littlite base.

If you have never seen the Littlite LED in action at night, trust me when I say you will not be disappointed with its performance.

The light shown has the gooseneck coming out of the top of the base, but there is also an available kit that has the light coming out of the side. (I know another forum member here has this design, so maybe he can post up a photo for me) ;)

Linky for light www.littlite.com/L-12A-LED & L-18A-LED

Price delivered $35.00 (37.00 via paypal to [email protected])

Snail mail a check if you prefer payable to Ian Laing, sent to the following address:

Skyway

16928 B Crestview Drive

Sonora, CA 95370

Thanks for looking.

IMG_1795.jpg

Littlite.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
(I know another forum member here has this design, so maybe he can post up a photo for me) ;)
When I get my poor, ragged FJR back from Nevada I will take some piccies and post them post haste!

Folks, if you have need for a light at night, this is one sweet set-up. I know the LittleLite is $$$. But it is an outstanding light, very popular in the Long Distance community where it is tested in extreme conditions, and with Skiwi's nifty mount, a clean installation.

And for an added bonus, I was there at his shop helping him make the things. Surely that will add to their value!

Ian,

Which do you thinkwould work better, the gooseneck that comes out the end or the top. I am going to send you some money for the mount. Does you mont work with both styles? If I buy the end one how long of a neck do you think I will need. What size did you get?

Cateye77

N/Line Dash

Which do you thinkwould work better, the gooseneck that comes out the end or the top. I am going to send you some money for the mount. Does you mont work with both styles? If I buy the end one how long of a neck do you think I will need. What size did you get?
I'll take a stab at that. Depends on what you mean by "better". I would say that Ian's is more easily "available", where mine you can "stow away" a little. Some people could be in the same position I was in where other mounted farkles would not allow me to mount like Ian.

Below is the only pic I got. It's not very good, but will have to do temporarily until I get my FJR back from Nevada and can take some proper pics. This is a pic Brian Roberts took up in Fernley, Nevada. He is keeping my FJR for me until I can go get it. He washed the thing and took a whole bunch of pics of the damage. This one was to show me how he temporarily re-mounted the windscreen. Let me tell you - he has gone WAY above and beyond. Hell of a guy.

In the pic, you can see the LittleLite mounted on my brake reservoir using Ian's mount. I have the Garmin Xm sat radio antenna mounted over the clutch reservoir (Again - using one of Skiwi's mounts). My radar detector is mounted using RAM stuff on the right side and is positioned above the brake reservoir. This is why I chose the LittleLite with the end gooseneck. It fits under the radar detector mount as you should be able to see. In "stowed" position, it snakes underneath my touratech GPS mount which is on the stemstand, a bit lower than showed in the pic. When I want to use it, I pull the gooseneck out and bring it up so that it is shining down onto the top of my Yammie tank bag.

Windscreen.jpg

I'll take a stab at that. Depends on what you mean by "better". I would say that Ian's is more easily "available", where mine you can "stow away" a little. Some people could be in the same position I was in where other mounted farkles would not allow me to mount like Ian.

Below is the only pic I got. It's not very good, but will have to do temporarily until I get my FJR back from Nevada and can take some proper pics. This is a pic Brian Roberts took up in Fernley, Nevada. He is keeping my FJR for me until I can go get it. He washed the thing and took a whole bunch of pics of the damage. This one was to show me how he temporarily re-mounted the windscreen. Let me tell you - he has gone WAY above and beyond. Hell of a guy.

In the pic, you can see the LittleLite mounted on my brake reservoir using Ian's mount. I have the Garmin Xm sat radio antenna mounted over the clutch reservoir (Again - using one of Skiwi's mounts). My radar detector is mounted using RAM stuff on the right side and is positioned above the brake reservoir. This is why I chose the LittleLite with the end gooseneck. It fits under the radar detector mount as you should be able to see. In "stowed" position, it snakes underneath my touratech GPS mount which is on the stemstand, a bit lower than showed in the pic. When I want to use it, I pull the gooseneck out and bring it up so that it is shining down onto the top of my Yammie tank bag.

Windscreen.jpg
Thanks for your help! I dont see a LittleLite that has the end mount neck and the wires coming out the other side. I see one that has the wires coming out the bottom. I dont know Ian has some relief or channel for the wires? Please advise.

I do like the idea of having the lite lay down when not in use.

PS You should try one on my dashes. See the latest post from Matt in Vender offers N/Line dash

Cateye77

Ian,Which do you thinkwould work better, the gooseneck that comes out the end or the top. I am going to send you some money for the mount. Does you mont work with both styles? If I buy the end one how long of a neck do you think I will need. What size did you get?

Cateye77

N/Line Dash
Scott, here is a zoomed out photo showing the 12 inch gooseneck. I found that from this mount location, since the littlite spreads out so much usable light, I can read any literature on my tankbag at night with ease. While on the move, the red LED is awesome. Unless you want light anywhere other than the top of a tankbag, the 12" is plenty long enough for this task.

However, you will notice that with this model the gooseneck does sit up in the air, but is never in my line of sight. I mention this because you have your dash shelf and may have to look past/through the gooseneck to see other accessories you may have on your shelf. Personally I think its a non issue, but worth the mention. The tip of the gooseneck does move around a little when moving due to bumps etc, but not much that its bothering me.

ScooterG has the 18" gooseneck(I think) that is mounted on the right side reservoir that does come out of the side, and since the light has to be raised up to get it in a position to get the light where needed, I'm not sure the 12" gooseneck is long enough. I will have some pictures of his setup soon.

I prefer the gooseneck coming out of the top and mounted on the left side for 2 reasons:

1) I think while moving the light is closer to the correct location and requires very little fussing to get it where needed for use. I can't comment on the other style, so this is just a guess on my part.

2) The left side means that my throttle hand does not need to leave the bar to switch the light on and off.

The base mount supplied by littlite has identical hole patterns, and either will work with my mount

IMG_1521_1.jpg

Windscreen.jpg
Thanks for your help! I dont see a LittleLite that has the end mount neck and the wires coming out the other side. I see one that has the wires coming out the bottom. I dont know Ian has some relief or channel for the wires? Please advise.

I do like the idea of having the lite lay down when not in use.

PS You should try one on my dashes. See the latest post from Matt in Vender offers N/Line dash

Cateye77

Seeing Littlote doesn't sell directly, where is the best and least expensive place to order? I have been wanting one for awhile now so here is the excuse with the mounting piece. I will be in for one.

Does the lite have a transformer? Where and how was your lite hooked up?

mike in Fremont

Seeing Littlote doesn't sell directly, where is the best and least expensive place to order? I have been wanting one for awhile now so here is the excuse with the mounting piece. I will be in for one.
Does the lite have a transformer? Where and how was your lite hooked up?

mike in Fremont
Mike, No transformer model needed, just wire direct 12volt. I have mine wired hot with an SAE plug, with the other end doing double duty as the battery tender. I recommend wiring hot so you can still have light with the engine/ignition turned off.

I ended up getting L-12A-LED from this company below. Total with shipping was $84.53

MSRP $105.60

www.prolightingsupplies.com/led

Hey folks, as of 07/14/2007, I have a website for taking all orders for the various farkles I make. I am no longer taking orders by email, or via threads on the forum. Nor am I accepting Paypal any longer. All communication to me regarding orders should be made via the website.

You can purchase my farkles with a variety of payment options here: www.skywaymoto.com The website will make the ordering process much easier for everybody involved and will provide much better service to my customers by giving automatic email verification of orders, and tracking information.

Also, you will be able to see on the website if a certain item is in stock or not. I am going to have admin close these threads, so there is no confusion on how to contact me, or order farkles.

I appreciate all your support, and strive to provide the best possible service and farkles.

Status
Not open for further replies.