skyway's sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galxy5

galxy5
Reaction score
got my sliders from Skyway this afternoon ,,

and I must say they look sooooo nice !!

the work is awsome !!!!

he got them out right away ,,

BTW thanks skyway

got my sliders from Skyway this afternoon ,,and I must say they look sooooo nice !!

the work is awsome !!!!

he got them out right away ,,

BTW thanks skyway
+1 !!

Exceptional craftsmanship.

Durn Purty, Too !!!

:D

Come ride to Occidental with us next Saturday and you can see them in person (unless you are on duty) as Skyway is coming down from Sonora.

Otherwise, with no pictures, he makes them from Aluminum and they are larger than the standard Moto/Moko design, about the size of the R&Gs.

IIRC, he posted pictures when he first made some for himself, so yo might find them in a "parts" search.

Last edited by a moderator:
MM2 - I will bring you a set if you want some?

Here's what they look like on the bike. The main difference between mine and the GSG Moko's, other than them being madde from aluminum is that mine are 3/8" longer.

IMG_0780.jpg

And up close

IMG_0914.jpg

I'll do a parts search. I was hoping to take the lazy way out...

Wish I could ride to Occidental. I don't work weekends, so that's not the problem. I'd just be stuck on my four year old daughter's tricycle :atv: - I am one of those waiter types w/o a bike right now!

Ha, just as I made my last post, the photos landed on there. Thanks Skyway.

Those arrrrrrrre nice! :bigeyes:

I sent a check for Skyway's sliders 3-4 weeks ago and had one response back from Skyway that they were coming. Nothing happened. Sent PM to Skyway 2 days ago to say that now I have a new mailing address and no response as of yet.

If somebody knows him could call him for a heads up, it would be appreciated. I just want to confirm the delivery date & address when sent. I also was hoping to get them in time for my 06'AE which should arrive in June.

I sent a check for Skyway's sliders 3-4 weeks ago and had one response back from Skyway that they were coming. Nothing happened. Sent PM to Skyway 2 days ago to say that now I have a new mailing address and no response as of yet.If somebody knows him could call him for a heads up, it would be appreciated. I just want to confirm the delivery date & address when sent. I also was hoping to get them in time for my 06'AE which should arrive in June.
Gitterdan, please review this post:

Skyway Sliders

You should see the sliders soon - Skyway is a standup kind of guy - so hang in there.

Kaitsdad,

I knew he was a stand up guy from reading his posts but had no idea of the PC problem. Thanks for the reply. I have a ton of patience, my wife on the other hand ... well, we won't go there.

I would like, somehow, to get him my new mailing address. Any ideas?

Kaitsdad,I knew he was a stand up guy from reading his posts but had no idea of the PC problem. Thanks for the reply. I have a ton of patience, my wife on the other hand ... well, we won't go there.

You've already PM'd him - that message was from last week - so you should hear something soon. He'll get your message if he already hasn't.

Kaitsdad,I knew he was a stand up guy from reading his posts but had no idea of the PC problem. Thanks for the reply. I have a ton of patience, my wife on the other hand ... well, we won't go there.

PM me your full name, old address and new address.

Let me just point something out here for everyone to take note of. Out of all the correspondence I get from board members, 70% of the time I am missing pertinent information, ie real name or address. I get PM's such as "when will my sliders ship thanks "Joe" or something like it, or maybe not even a name. How can I expect to know who I'm dealing with when I get either a forum name or just a first name.

Please, in all of your correspondence, think about what information you are giving to me when you have a query. It makes everything run much smoother. ;)

Kaitsdad,

I knew he was a stand up guy from reading his posts but had no idea of the PC problem. Thanks for the reply. I have a ton of patience, my wife on the other hand ... well, we won't go there.

PM me your full name, old address and new address.

Let me just point something out here for everyone to take note of. Out of all the correspondence I get from board members, 70% of the time I am missing pertinent information, ie real name or address. I get PM's such as "when will my sliders ship thanks "Joe" or something like it, or maybe not even a name. How can I expect to know who I'm dealing with when I get either a forum name or just a first name.

Please, in all of your correspondence, think about what information you are giving to me when you have a query. It makes everything run much smoother. ;)
Sorry, pal. I thought when I PM'd you a couple weeks ago, you would have my email address available in return. No reason to get back to me at this point. I know you're poundin' those sliders out as fast as you can. Thanks again.

My name and address was on the check.

waiting patiently ..... :)
Psst! Shiny Parts! Let's lay low for awhile. I don't want that slider shipment to Oregon to get Shanghai'd... ;)

Skyway, we love you man.
No worries, I 'ain't getting crabby. :D These slider orders have gone through the roof, but rest assured I'm ploughing through them as fast as I can.

Skyway,

I read your posts and it may pay to have folks either put their shipping address into their paypal info or if they're sending a check, then it's on their check. It may save you the extra hassle, especially with all the work that you're putting in.

The only other suggestion I could make would be to send an email when you've shipped out the sliders.

I saw your post saying that you finished the last batch and shipped them, but don't know if I'm in them.

I guess the old saying holds true, success is not painless, so you must be in a lot of pain! :D

g

My name and address was on the check.

waiting patiently ..... :)
Psst! Shiny Parts! Let's lay low for awhile. I don't want that slider shipment to Oregon to get Shanghai'd... ;)

Skyway, we love you man.