smoke

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRay

Reaction score
I think the smoke from the Cali fires has arrived. It was clear this morning and now visibility is down to about 1/2 mile with the wind coming from the south. It must be choking for our friends in Norcal. We lost most of last years riding from smoke and it looks like the same again.
grrr.gif
My wife has copd so I tell her to stay inside and I hide in the shop.

Your welcome.

Yea, we are hunkered down with michelle's asthma. Visibility sucks in Mt. Shasta.

90k acers and growing. That's 140 square miles. Redding is only 61 square miles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep you and yours safe. The rest of it is what it is. Just look at it as a vacation without the fun part.

I had ash all over my vehicles this morning, but not from the Cali fires - we have a few burning here as well... sucks.

We drove through two fires off hwy 20 near Clearlake today, the whole town of Lakeport was under mandatory evac.

Pumping major smoke to compliment the Redding fire. Going to be rugged for some time now, the only clean air is on the coast for all of northern Ca.

Southern Oregon is also on fire, rode through that for hours yesterday, that’s probably what your seeing in LaPine.

It wasn’t near as bad, but this reminds me she. We had relatively bad fire in the mountains of north georgia a couple of years ago. When the wind was right, it looked like dusk, at noon on a clear day, and we were a ways away. Hang in there guys.

Rode through Lapine on the 18th returning home to Medford, OR from a ride to Colorado Springs three days after the Gardner Complex started. Hit the smoke in the Rogue Valley and it has been bad ever since. Can't see the Table Rocks or hills less than a mile away most of the time.

Wanted to connect with Ray but contact info was on tablet being shipped home.

Rode through Lapine on the 18th returning home to Medford, OR from a ride to Colorado Springs three days after the Gardner Complex started. Hit the smoke in the Rogue Valley and it has been bad ever since. Can't see the Table Rocks or hills less than a mile away most of the time. Wanted to connect with Ray but contact info was on tablet being shipped home.
Sorry we missed you. Come back for the Reuben in Sept.

My heart goes out to you guys who live this every year. Out west is such a different world. I had to go there, and drive those roads, and feel that heat, and experience it for myself. Glad I made that trip those many years ago. Sad that such a paradise has this achilles' heel. Here in Fla, our dilemma comes during hurricane season. I guess sunshine, no matter which coast yer from, has its price.

Gary

Latest posts