Sneak Peek 2008 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kansas transit

Reaction score
OK guys this is what you have all been waiting for. I am posting the link to the new updated 2008 fjr. As you can see they have made numerous improvements. The heat problem that was tamed on the gen II bikes has been completly erradicated on this bike no more ankle burning and now it might be a good idea to wear flannel underwear. Also a host of other improvements as well, as you can see they have shortened the wheelbase up, this thing turns on a dime. And now with the third stability wheel no more worrying about that pesky side stand giving way without notice. For you LD riders Yamaha has listened carefully. Notice the std highway pegs, The factory backrest on the seat and the built in bev. cooler. The new bike comes in a rainbow of available colors, Also they have takin a lot of weight out of the old girl you could almost carry her around now. How bout the fact that instead of just giving you another gear, they went overboard an now direct drive is std, this is probably a further extension of the ae program that came out last year. Also there has been a growing segment of the biking populus that has been looking for a lower seat height to help people with shorter inseams, this too has been addressed. The only downside that has come up is a slightly reduced top speed along with a little less cruising range, but hey you can't have everything. I'm sure that shortly after this bike hits the market there will be a ton of aftermarket goodies available. Along those lines I should point out that not many of the aftermarket farkles that are out for present fjr's will work on this bike, this is a completly new platform, I hope your all satisfied. :yahoo: https://www.yachtsee.com/cruzincooler.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
OK guys this is what you have all been waiting for. I am posting the link to the new updated 2008 fjr. As you can see they have made numerous improvements. The heat problem that was tamed on the gen II bikes has been completly erradicated on this bike no more ankle burning and now it might be a good idea to wear flannel underwear. Also a host of other improvements as well, as you can see they have shortened the wheelbase up, this thing turns on a dime. And now with the third stability wheel no more worrying about that pesky side stand giving way without notice. For you LD riders Yamaha has listened carefully. Notice the std highway pegs, The factory backrest on the seat and the built in bev. cooler. The new bike comes in a rainbow of available colors, Also they have takin a lot of weight out of the old girl you could almost carry her around now. How bout the fact that instead of just giving you another gear, they went overboard an now direct drive is std, this is probably a further extension of the ae program that came out last year. Also there has been a growing segment of the biking populus that has been looking for a lower seat height to help people with shorter inseams, this too has been addressed. The only downside that has come up is a slightly reduced top speed along with a little less cruising range, but hey you can't have everything. I'm sure that shortly after this bike hits the market there will be a ton of aftermarket goodies available. Along those lines I should point out that not many of the aftermarket farkles that are out for present fjr's will work on this bike, this is a completly new platform, I hope your all satisfied. :yahoo: https://www.yachtsee.com/cruzincooler.htm
That was... almost fun-...

No. No, it wasn't.

Ok - my first thought was cruel, well actually the word ass came to mind.....but then I thought hmmmmm, maybe I need one of these, hah :glare:

Latest posts