So God Created The Irish!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
12347627_10156329949510451_1115328741295075316_n.jpg

In yesterday's Dilbert cartoon a robot asks Dilbert "Why did the human cross the road?"

Dilbert replies "I don't know."

The robot answers "Neither did he. Ignorance seems to be a problem with your kind."

Sigh...

The Irishman crossed the road because closing time was an hour later on the other side.

In yesterday's Dilbert cartoon a robot asks Dilbert "Why did the human cross the road?"

The robot answers "Neither did he. Ignorance seems to be a problem with your kind."

Sigh...

The Irishman crossed the road because closing time was an hour later on the other side.
Statement right here is why El Toro is the smartest man on our Fine FJR Forum, next to RadioHowie and HotRodZilla of course! JSNS, BRILLIANT!

Last edited by a moderator:
God created the Irish, but he soon realized they were not a happy lot because they were drinking swill for whiskey. So he sent his fairies to Eire and they cast a spell on the Irish so they can forever distill the finest whiskey on the face of the earth. And they lived happily ever after.

God created the Irish, but he soon realized they were not a happy lot because they were drinking swill for whiskey. So he sent his fairies to Eire and they cast a spell on the Irish so they can forever distill the finest whiskey on the face of the earth. And they lived happily ever after.
AMEN

Irish whiskey is like true Aqua Vita (water of life). It tastes like you could drink an imperial quart, so many do.

Scotch whiskey on the other hand tastes like burning peat moss. The Scots have designed this so that a bottle might last forever ... and often it does.

Between Holiday Inn Express, and the lifetime supply of Dos Equis, my schedule is filled ....

wizard.gif

AMEN

Irish whiskey is like true Aqua Vita (water of life). It tastes like you could drink an imperial quart, so many do.

Scotch whiskey on the other hand tastes like burning peat moss. The Scots have designed this so that a bottle might last forever ... and often it does.

Between Holiday Inn Express, and the lifetime supply of Dos Equis, my schedule is filled ....

wizard.gif
Uisce Beatha in Gaelic..............

The uisce bit is where the word whiskey comes from.

AMEN

wizard.gif

This is also the basic meaning behind the Scandinavian's use of the term Aka Vit.

But if there is a chance to drink Irish Whiskey (Tullamore Dew is probably my favorite), or Aka Vit (probably Gilde Non Plus Ultra would be my favorite), nearly anyone with taste buds and a lick of sense would choose Irish.

Sort of like whether someone wants broiled salmon, or lyte fisk. Anyone who's tried both knows which to avoid.

Sigh...

Statement right here is why El Toro is the smartest man on our Fine FJR Forum, next to RadioHowie and HotRodZilla of course! JSNS, BRILLIANT!
Actually I'm pretty sure that Beemerdons is the smartest guy on the forum because he has the good sense to stick to the humor.

I may still be teachable Don.

fool.gif

AMEN

wizard.gif

This is also the basic meaning behind the Scandinavian's use of the term Aka Vit.

But if there is a chance to drink Irish Whiskey (Tullamore Dew is probably my favorite), or Aka Vit (probably Gilde Non Plus Ultra would be my favorite), nearly anyone with taste buds and a lick of sense would choose Irish.

Sort of like whether someone wants broiled salmon, or lyte fisk. Anyone who's tried both knows which to avoid.
Tullamore (Tulach Mhór, meaning "great mound" in Gaelic) is about 15 miles from where I grew up. The DEW bit are the initials of the founder DE Williams.

I prefer Bushmills 10 year old Single Irish Malt, unfortunately it is distilled in County Antrim, one of the six Counties in the North.........

Ah, the Irish...

"Here’s to spending the rest of me life, between the legs of me darlin’ wife!"

And with that, Paddy was crowned the winner of the night's toasting contest at the pub.

That evening he bragged to his wife he had won the contest and several free pints afterwards.

"What did you say to win it? his wife asked.

"Em," Paddy stammered, "Here’s to spending the rest of me life, sitting in church beside me wife."

"Och, isn’t that lovely!" Paddy’s wife beamed.

The next day, one of Paddy’s bar-mates saw Paddy’s wife at the bus stop.

"Yer husband won with quite a toast last night!" The man grinned lustily

"Aye - I couldn’t believe it meself!" she began, "He’s only been down there twice in the past year, and the last time I practically had to pull his ears to make him come…"

The last time I flew into Dublin, as I walked across the walkway toward the main concourse, the sign that greeted me through the doors was "More Bars in More Places". It turned out to be an O2 sign but the thought came to mind: "Indeed, 'tis me ancestral home"
smile.png

When I flew out Iraq we stopped in Egypt, Spain and Dublin. Dublin was the only place we were allowed off the aircraft. We were on a commercial airplane and landed at the Dublin main civilian airport at 0200 hours. Sure enough there was a bar open, a kiosk actually, but I had no money. But I needn't have worried. A kind Irish traveller bought me my first three beers in a long, long time. Éirinn go Brách

Back around the time of the Clinton-Lewinsky hub-bub myself and a couple of co-workers flew into Dublin for a Sweet 16. (Don't ask. I don't remember much of that weekend.) We piled into a cab at the airport and a friend asked the driver what they had heard/thought of the whole Monica thing. The cabbie, complete with tweed coat, cap and cigarette dangling, thought for a moment and in a heavy brogue responded, "Well, what's the point of being the most powerful man on the Earth if ya can't shag the help?"

That was a great trip.