So, I've been away for a bit. How the heck are ya?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 6393

the Vixen of Vancouver Island
Reaction score
Just curious what's new, and whatchaallbeen up to?

Me? I have gone from 1 grandbaby to 4, and two new puppies. Gosh, time flies...

Just curious what's new, and whatchaallbeen up to? Me? I have gone from 1 grandbaby to 4, and two new puppies. Gosh, time flies...
Same old stuff. No new grand kids. Lost my old bassett and got and got a new one two weeks ago. Changed a few bikes around and now am in winter mode. Glad to have you and your wit back here.:):):)

Older. Retired Unemployed. Lost a good feline friend. Gained best woman ever. Ride less. Golfing again. Still skiing and working on the house. Did I mention older? Oh yeah, guess I did . . . vision, hearing and memory fading.

Glad to see you back again and feisty as ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me about ready to retire, older and no wiser. Looking forward to being a snow bird. Oh that other post, it's us what make this place. JSNS

Just returned from a 5-week road trip in the Southeast US. Came back to find I'd been ousted from my current digs (all my stuff boxed up and a text saying I needed to find new accommodations effective immediately) so now staying with friends while I peruse housing options in the Sillycon Valley... always an adventure... :lol:

Same old stuff. No new grand kids. Lost my old bassett and got and got a new one two weeks ago. Changed a few bikes around and now am in winter mode. Glad to have you and your wit back here.:):):)
Awwwh, sorry to hear about your furbaby. Always such a sad time, but a new pup? Congratulations! Mine are both border collie/great pyrenees...and they do a great job making noise around here LOL, and crawling all over any company that shows up.

Are you still on a Spyder? I still have my feej and the HD, which gets the majority of the longer trips, as I just don't hurt as much at the end of the day on it.

Older. Retired Unemployed. Lost a good feline friend. Gained best woman ever. Ride less. Golfing again. Still skiing and working on the house. Did I mention older? Oh yeah, guess I did . . . vision, hearing and memory fading.
Glad to see you back again and feisty as ever.
We're all older LOL. I too miss being able to see, hear, sleep etc etc. Sorry to hear about your feline friend. I typed "kitty" then remembered where I was...

Congrats on the best woman ever! I too found "Mr. Right". Some folks here have met my Viking. He puts up with me, loves my kids and grandbabies and makes me laugh every day. It just doesn't get better than that.

Sounds like you have the right mix of work and play. We only get one kick at this, so balance is a key. My guy is a workaholic who hasn't found that balance yet, despite my....input (read as 'nagging')

Me about ready to retire, older and no wiser. Looking forward to being a snow bird. Oh that other post, it's us what make this place. JSNS
You have that exactly right, Mr. P!

Wisdom and age are overrated. I still feel (and sometimes try to act) 18, but the mirror smacks me back to reality LOL.

Retirement? jealous.....no, really
sadsmiley.gif

Just returned from a 5-week road trip in the Southeast US. Came back to find I'd been ousted from my current digs (all my stuff boxed up and a text saying I needed to find new accommodations effective immediately) so now staying with friends while I peruse housing options in the Sillycon Valley... always an adventure...
laugh.png
still blown away by this...offer stands tho. Maggie says she'll share her bed
blushsmiley.gif

You get one of these
cold.gif
when you cross the border!

Just returned from a 5-week road trip in the Southeast US. Came back to find I'd been ousted from my current digs (all my stuff boxed up and a text saying I needed to find new accommodations effective immediately) so now staying with friends while I peruse housing options in the Sillycon Valley... always an adventure...
laugh.png
Sorry to hear about your homeless situation my dear. If you want to learn to drive a tractor and operate a snow blower you're welcome here for as long as you want.
rolleyes.gif
smile.png
Maybe this is your sign to put Kali in the rear view mirror
jester.gif

Awwwh, sorry to hear about your furbaby. Always such a sad time, but a new pup? Congratulations! Mine are both border collie/great pyrenees...and they do a great job making noise around here LOL, and crawling all over any company that shows up.

Are you still on a Spyder? I still have my feej and the HD, which gets the majority of the longer trips, as I just don't hurt as much at the end of the day on it.
My new to me Basset Hound knocked me on my ass yesterday while we were out for our morning walk. Going for x-ray's today. I think something in my foot is broke.

I came to my senses and kicked the Spyder down the road and got another Wing. The Spyder has a lot of great features but just didn't work for me and Patti was not comfortable on the back and that's way important.

Just returned from a 5-week road trip in the Southeast US. Came back to find I'd been ousted from my current digs (all my stuff boxed up and a text saying I needed to find new accommodations effective immediately) so now staying with friends while I peruse housing options in the Sillycon Valley... always an adventure... :lol:
Crap Tyler. Got a room for you in Spearfish if you need it.

laugh.png
Yikes, Tyler?!? Sorry to read that. But lord knows that you have overcome far worse challenges before. You are loved and have lots of friends.

My new to me Basset Hound knocked me on my ass yesterday while we were out for our morning walk. Going for x-ray's today. I think something in my foot is broke.

I came to my senses and kicked the Spyder down the road and got another Wing. The Spyder has a lot of great features but just didn't work for me and Patti was not comfortable on the back and that's way important.
OMG, I hope your foot is ok. Mine are a handful on a doubled leash, but they haven't taken me down......so far.

I was wondering about a pillion on a Spyder. They don't look very comfy up there, so I am with Patti. Not sure I am a Wing fan purely because I can't see in front of me when I sit on them LOL, but my RG (thank you again) is strangely the comfy-est bike I have ever ridden. I used to eat buckets of Advil just to get through a day on the FJR. I've thrown the Advil away on the RG. and now that I have lock-tited pretty much everything I can.......haha

Whats new?? My ICD.
What have I been up to? If I told you I'd have to shoot Old Mick.
so does it have a button we can push? yanno, just for fun?

as for shooting youknowwho..........So?
fool.gif

laugh.png
Sorry to hear about your homeless situation my dear. If you want to learn to drive a tractor and operate a snow blower you're welcome here for as long as you want.
rolleyes.gif
smile.png
Maybe this is your sign to put Kali in the rear view mirror
jester.gif
+1