So, I've been away for a bit. How the heck are ya?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awwwh, sorry to hear about your furbaby. Always such a sad time, but a new pup? Congratulations! Mine are both border collie/great pyrenees...and they do a great job making noise around here LOL, and crawling all over any company that shows up.

Are you still on a Spyder? I still have my feej and the HD, which gets the majority of the longer trips, as I just don't hurt as much at the end of the day on it.
My new to me Basset Hound knocked me on my ass yesterday while we were out for our morning walk. Going for x-ray's today. I think something in my foot is broke.

I came to my senses and kicked the Spyder down the road and got another Wing. The Spyder has a lot of great features but just didn't work for me and Patti was not comfortable on the back and that's way important.
OMG, I hope your foot is ok. Mine are a handful on a doubled leash, but they haven't taken me down......so far.

I was wondering about a pillion on a Spyder. They don't look very comfy up there, so I am with Patti. Not sure I am a Wing fan purely because I can't see in front of me when I sit on them LOL, but my RG (thank you again) is strangely the comfy-est bike I have ever ridden. I used to eat buckets of Advil just to get through a day on the FJR. I've thrown the Advil away on the RG. and now that I have lock-tited pretty much everything I can.......haha
A little splaining on the dog thing. This new to me Basset hound is probably 80 lbs and got the rope wrapped around my legs looking at other dogs.

Quite a number if big changes since we chatted last.

I've got two new knees.

Remarried to a goddess who loves riding the FJR with me. We run thousands of miles every year for the three years we've been together.

Suffered no-notice unemployment in early 2016 that really - I mean, really - caused a lot of damage. But then found decent enough employment, though perhaps not as stable as before.

Walked down the aisle to give away my oldest daughter last May; about to do it again for younger daughter Lauryn next August.

I have lost 64 lbs since February of this year. And it remains off.

About to trade in the older FJR for a 2018 ES model, if Cypress would just ship the damn bike to Desert Valley Powersports.

Hope all is well in Barb's world.
punk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Just returned from a 5-week road trip in the Southeast US. Came back to find I'd been ousted from my current digs (all my stuff boxed up and a text saying I needed to find new accommodations effective immediately) so now staying with friends while I peruse housing options in the Sillycon Valley... always an adventure...
laugh.png
Sorry to hear about your homeless situation my dear. If you want to learn to drive a tractor and operate a snow blower you're welcome here for as long as you want.
rolleyes.gif
smile.png
Maybe this is your sign to put Kali in the rear view mirror
jester.gif
I'll be fine... I am surrounded by so many good friends (less the one that kicked me out unceremoniously) and have a place to stay and storage for my stuff which will allow me the time to find a new and even better place to be... not sure what direction it will take me but I know, based on other experiences in my life, it's going to be okay... snowblower? I'll get back to you on that...
laugh.png

P.S. Hope nothing serious with the ankle/foot!!

Dang, Tyler. That's just crazier than FYB being shy.

Ray - I'm sorry, but your description gave me a mental image that was kinda funny, actually. Hope yer OK.

Got married, got my 11 year old Granddaughter to raise a week later. Spend more time looking at the bike then riding it. Don't mind all to much because she is a hoot to have around. Have approval from CFO for a DS next year for a month in Alaska in '19. Research research research. Damn Yamaha for NOT producing the T7 anytime soon.

Tyler, that sucks! So sorry to hear. If we can do anything let us know.

Bummer Ray. Hope you heal up quick.

Andy, I do not think I have ever seen a finer looking Pillion then OM.

I was right. Couple broken bones in the right foot.
sadsmiley.gif
six weeks in a walking cast
nono.gif
Good thing the bike is put away and who needs brakes plowing snow
grin.gif
Damn dog anyway.
grrr.gif

Quite a number if big changes since we chatted last.
I've got two new knees.

Remarried to a goddess who loves riding the FJR with me. We run thousands of miles every year for the three years we've been together.

Suffered no-notice unemployment in early 2016 that really - I mean, really - caused a lot of damage. But then found decent enough employment, though perhaps not as stable as before.

Walked down the aisle to give away my oldest daughter last May; about to do it again for younger daughter Lauryn next August.

I have lost 64 lbs since February of this year. And it remains off.

About to trade in the older FJR for a 2018 ES model, if Cypress would just ship the damn bike to Desert Valley Powersports.

Hope all is well in Barb's world.
punk.gif
wow! if there were a competition, and there isn't, you'd win hands down. That's a lot of life crap, D. That's a lot to handle...

More proof that as one door closes (whether we want it to or not), the right doors open.

Just wait until the grandbabies start popping up (or, out). They are the bestest fun.

Good to hear from you. All is well here, just kinda stupid busy
jester.gif

Got married, got my 11 year old Granddaughter to raise a week later. Spend more time looking at the bike then riding it. Don't mind all to much because she is a hoot to have around. Have approval from CFO for a DS next year for a month in Alaska in '19. Research research research. Damn Yamaha for NOT producing the T7 anytime soon.

Tyler, that sucks! So sorry to hear. If we can do anything let us know.

Bummer Ray. Hope you heal up quick.

Andy, I do not think I have ever seen a finer looking Pillion then OM.
outta likes, yet again. when you are planning AK, keep in mind I am kinda, sorta on the way...

I was right. Couple broken bones in the right foot.
sadsmiley.gif
six weeks in a walking cast
nono.gif
Good thing the bike is put away and who needs brakes plowing snow
grin.gif
Damn dog anyway.
grrr.gif
Bloody hell, that bites. But, better in the snowy months than the sunny ones. Just think, you can help Patti quilt?

*ducksNruns*

Just curious what's new, and whatchaallbeen up to?
Me? I have gone from 1 grandbaby to 4, and two new puppies. Gosh, time flies...
Congrats on your new acquisitions, they should keep you busy.

Me? lost my significant other. Sometimes life is hard.

Don't read any of this if you want to remain cheerful.

Sobbing here...

I can't imagine what you have been through, nor the loss you are suffering.

:(

mcatrophy, yours was a timely post.

I have had the week (i thought) from hell, and this brought perspective back.

.......bait
Chick bait. Yeah, that's the ticket.
I recall RadioHowie once noting a remarkable fact: the women associated with (e.g., married to, etc.) male FJR riders all suffer from blindness. Clearly, we both should be thankful for that disability. But "chick bait" is going to be a stretch if you venture outside the blind pool.
umm.gif

BTW, how come you're not out riding? I mean: it IS raining again.
bike.gif
tonguesmiley.gif