So when do I run out of fuel on 2013?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pushed mine to 300 miles once and it took 6.2 gallons. Riding like a girl, of course.. Might keep in mind that the less fuel there is the hotter the pump runs..

I got caught short in the gas-no-man's-land of the back roads of California's Central Coast yesterday, and wound up putting 6.47 gallons into the tank with 59 miles showing on the reserve odo and 264 miles since the last fill-up. Some quick math says I had another 5.3 miles to go on that tank before it ran out.

I go around 400+ but thats with the fuel cell
smile.png
. After paying 5.25 a gallon once and watching MM2 switch his fuel cell I decided right then to build my own.

Man, I only get 36-39mph on my 06 FJR.
I've had my '07 go as low as 28 and as high as 51. The right hand and the maintenance seems to have the most to do with it. If I don't do my pm's (aka. tune-up and oil change) it gets down to the low end of the range.

243 miles on the trip meter. The "range" had gone to zero after the count-up meter started in, I think about 15 miles, then just displayed "Lo". Only 24 miles on the count-up meter. Put in 5.7 gallons. The range to empty is very conservative.

Pushed mine to 300 miles once and it took 6.2 gallons. Riding like a girl, of course.. Might keep in mind that the less fuel there is the hotter the pump runs..
"Riding like a girl, of course.."

W.T.F.?!

What girl are riding with ?

W.T.F.?!

I've been waiting for that. I was thinking he sure wasn't riding with some of the girls I've ridden with.
winksmiley02.gif

W.T.F.?!

Now that you mention it....

I used to ride with Elizabeth and had a hard time keeping up

on a bike or anywhere else

But she was crazy

oh well