SoCal Ride on March 27 - Anyone interested?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil San Diego

One of "...those guys..."
Reaction score
edit [SIZE=12pt] March 27 is the official date for this. [/SIZE]

edit March 6 doesn't work for Marcelo due to his obligations - see post #21. Looking for a different date. Give me your input.

Here's the deal. Marcelo, the owner of Doffo Winery in Temecula, has a private collection of Ducatis, about 20+ critters in his barn. He said that he would open it up to us for a private showing if I give him some warning before we show up. I was thinking of starting a ride at his winery around 9 am, and head out for a ride after. Maybe up to Palomar or Idylwild...?

Any interest in this? We can meet at the usual Shell station on the 15 and 79 in Temecula, and then run out to see Marcelo. Marcelo also mentioned that he might be interested in riding with us.

Let me know if there is any interest in this.

[SIZE=12pt]Riders:[/SIZE]

Neil San Diego and Janet

johhny80s

FJRBluesman

beemerdons

Santa Fe Dreaming

Coldcut

stnkbait

saltywheels

cometman

High Desert Rider

Big-D

Pegscrapper and MsNASCAR

[SIZE=12pt]Undecided:[/SIZE]

McRide

djbill

Geofizz

FJstaR

Lawrence

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested but can't commit yet.

Here's the deal. Marcelo, the owner of Doffo Winery in Temecula, has a private collection of Ducatis, about 20+ critters in his barn. He said that he would open it up to us for a private showing if I give him some warning before we show up. I was thinking of starting a ride at his winery around 9 am, and head out for a ride after. Maybe up to Palomar or Idylwild...?
Any interest in this? We can meet at the usual Shell station on the 15 and 79 in Temecula, and then run out to see Marcelo. Marcelo also mentioned that he might be interested in riding with us.

Let me know if there is any interest in this.

Neil San Diego: I'll ride over from Phoenix for this one, Ducati is definitely on Papa Chuy's bucket list before I eventually croak and I want to know more about Ducs.

Really Cool Guys on our FJR Forum like Niehart ride them; and, I hear from Dave they're the absolute bomb for picking up chicks! Either stay overnight in Orange, or just a ride over and ride back day!

Great, sounds like there's enough interest to make this happen. I will get in touch with Marcelo and make sure that March 6 works for him. Other than that, we need to pick a route - Idylwild, Palomar, or...?

I post up here as I get more info.

Great, sounds like there's enough interest to make this happen. I will get in touch with Marcelo and make sure that March 6 works for him. Other than that, we need to pick a route - Idylwild, Palomar, or...?
I post up here as I get more info.
Looking forward to this, only 350 miles from mi casa to the winery, I will see you at 0900 hours; so easy a "Kalifornia Kitten" could ride it! I really want to pick Marcelo's brain regarding maintenance issues on the Ducati ST4S ABS (916 motor) and the Ducati ST3 ABS; the two models I am really interested in getting!

https://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Chandler&a...&2v=ADDRESS

Neil San Diego: I'll ride over from Phoenix for this one, Ducati is definitely on Papa Chuy's bucket list before I eventually croak and I want to know more about Ducs.
Really Cool Guys on our FJR Forum like Niehart ride them; and, I hear from Dave they're the absolute bomb for picking up chicks! Either stay overnight in Orange, or just a ride over and ride back day!
You are officially booked at Casa de Johnny's on the 6th!

Muchas gracias, Juan! Con mucho gusto! This will make for a fun weekend for Papa Chuy! Mas Caminos, Mas Amigos!

Muchas gracias, Juan! Con mucho gusto! This will make for a fun weekend for Papa Chuy! Mas Caminos, Mas Amigos!
I knew you two would do a sleep over. I thought what happens in DV stays in DV. :p

I'm in for the ride, museum and the sleep-over!!!!!!

I'm in for the ride, museum and the sleep-over!!!!!!
You are sleeping at home my friend.

Outstanding, Marcelo is just a couple miles from my house. I probably won't be able to make the ride up to Palomar/Idylwild but I would certainly love to meet up with the crew and check out the Ducatis and wine. Pencil me in for the abbreviated version.

johnny80s: Just double checking on this, due to our anorexic and bulimic conditions that you and I both suffer from. You are going to make sure that Neil doesn't attempt to pull a "Fairlaner" on us, meaning that we will get adequate nutrition stops on this ride; correct! I've ridden with Neil San Diego before and know that he is an honorable Gentleman! I am just ascertaining that he does not emulate Richard and ride us without food until we are nearly dropping dead of starvation. Our fragile and slender bodies could not survive such maltreatment. Speaking of our Saturday Dinner: Any Italian restaurant in Fallbrook serve a mean Osso Bucco?