Socal Ride March 27

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too bad Simon forgot about Richard and left them behind on Palomar Mountain...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Neil was aware that we were all supposed to regroup at the top for the ride down and Pegleg was going to go ahead and take pictures.....Oh well.

At least Steve was the only one who saw me almost drive off the mountain....well thats until i post the video..maybe i need to do some creative editing on that one.

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad Simon forgot about Richard and left them behind on Palomar Mountain...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Neil was aware that we were all supposed to regroup at the top for the ride down and Pegleg was going to go ahead and take pictures.....Oh well.

At least Steve was the only one who saw me [SIZE=14pt]almost drive off the mountain[/SIZE]....well thats until i post the video..maybe i need to do some creative editing on that one.

R
Please expand on this... sounds like fun

then got on the freeway and the Zonies didn't pass me until i was sitting in traffic waiting to get on the 91......
That's cause I wasn't there! :angry:

Only thing mi bastard step-pappy is fast at is making a burrito disappear!!
Es Verdad, El Pendejo Grande! Neil, thanks for organizing a great ride! Simon, thanks for leading our group! Lord Jesus, thank you for allowing me to ride with Fairlaner and still keep my driver's license! It was a great day with great FJR Friends! Fantastic scenery and great eats at Ivor's. Enjoyed Marcelo's Ducati Fleet!

I just got a little carried away on the ride down the west side of Palomar and had to fully utilize the ABS in order to get round the turn....definite pucker moment....

R

I had my ABS kick in once too. Little scary and I am glad no one was coming the other way as I went just over the line....

then got on the freeway and the Zonies didn't pass me until i was sitting in traffic waiting to get on the 91......
That's cause I wasn't there! :angry: Only thing mi bastard step-pappy is fast at is making a burrito disappear!!
Es Verdad, El Pendejo Grande! Neil, thanks for organizing a great ride! Simon, thanks for leading our group! Lord Jesus, thank you for allowing me to ride with Fairlaner and still keep my driver's license! It was a great day with great FJR Friends! Fantastic scenery and great eats at Ivor's. Enjoyed Marcelo's Ducati Fleet!
Actually Dan was leading most of the way since he knew the area. My pre-canned GPS route from Richard wanted to keep sending me back to the start due to the change in plans. I was leading for about the last 2 miles before lunch, when J80's smelled food, cut me off, kicked my bike on his way by, and ran two red lights to get to the parking lot and grab a side off beef.

At least Steve was the only one who saw me almost drive off the mountain....well thats until i post the video..maybe i need to do some creative editing on that one.

R
As I told little richard, we were to meet up with the first group at the top and I was to head down ahead of everyone, stop and set up and photograph everyone as they came through one of the big turns. But I followed the ? leader and you know the rest. :unsure:

There will be other times. When is the next group ride so we can make it happen?

For thos that don't know about the photographers on Palomar and their web sites, here you go (oops just saw this was posted on the photo shoot from the ride. sorry)

https://jpimagery.com/palomar2010.html - was not on mtn on Sat AM, so no pictures from this ride, just for reference

Those of us with Richard can bee seen on this page

https://www.rickclemson.com/PhotoSets_View_...&offset=400

starting with Richard at https://www.rickclemson.com/Photo_Details.a...amp;EventID=413 ending at https://www.rickclemson.com/Photo_Details.a...amp;EventID=413

I don't see any pictures of the others groups - maybe he was repositioning

Thanks for the ride Neil.