SOCAL Tech Day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slappy

Reaction score
NeilSanDiego and I were talking over the weekend and we both feel a techday is in dire need. I am just trying to get a head count of who might be interested in getting in on this? We were thinking March 19th at 8:30.

The Tech Day is Saturday March 19, at 8:30. It will be in Vista (92084) - let me know if you need an address and I will PM the info to you.

As far as work to do, here is what I have so far:

Radiator Flush (Slappy)

Swingarm Bearing Lube (Slappy)

Brake and Clutch Bleed (Neil San Diego)

Alarm Install (Ramrezz425)

TBS and Barbarian Jumper (Brodie)

Anything else? I believe that I have all the tools necesary to do the work above, but if you need any specialty tools, feel free to bring them along.

I'll have coffee available in the morning. We can order pizza from the market around the corner for lunch (good pizza!) if people would like that. I'll have plenty of cold drinks on hand (you can have any flavor as long as it diet coke...). And of course cheetos just in case BeemerDon shows up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure Jerry go ahead it is always good for a laugh...........

I am in as long as it is not DV weekend. (11-12)

R

NeilSanDiego and I were talking over the weekend and we both feel a techday is in dire need. I am just trying to get a head count of who might be interested in getting in on this? We were thinking sometime in March.
Slappy, Deepest sympathies regarding having to converse with NeilSanDiego; we all have our own crosses to bear! Same as Fairlaner, will be at Death Valley Wildflower Ride 3/10-3/13! Say, can you schedule our johnny80s to do an FJR valve adjustment???

NeilSanDiego and I were talking over the weekend and we both feel a techday is in dire need. I am just trying to get a head count of who might be interested in getting in on this? We were thinking sometime in March.
Count me in (depending on which day). I need advice on a good location to install powerlets for my heated vests. Once installed, the weather is bound to take a turn and warm up for the season. Oh well.

We will definitely work around the DV ride, that will not be an issue. I am suprised to see more people not needing any assistance with any upgrade or common maintenance issue. Then again this post is still very new so we will give it a few days and see who else bites.

I need to bleed the brake lines and the clutch line. Just got a Mityvac delivered yesterday, so I'm ready to get after it. I think Gerry needs to do a radiator flush.

Maybe the weekend after the Death Valley ride (3/19)?

Also, do we do this in beautiful uptown Santee at Slappy's new digs, or in Vista at Neil's?

Dam, I will be at the American LeMans Sebring 12hr on the weekend of 3/19 & 3/20, otherwise I would be interested.

Grant

So Lanny, you obviously have also heard the rumor that Neil is going to get us a keg of Heineken and unlimited pizza for the Tech Day at his house??? Cool Beans!!!
Pfffft! Try a six pack of Coors Light and a bag of Cheetos...

<_<

So Lanny, you obviously have also heard the rumor that Neil is going to get us a keg of Heineken and unlimited pizza for the Tech Day at his house??? Cool Beans!!!
Pfffft! Try a six pack of Coors Light and a bag of Cheetos...

<_<
Uh Neil, you have seen your Papa Chuy in person many times. Do I look like someone that has ever turned down a six pack of Coors Light and a bag of Cheetos???

IMG_6321.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh Neil, you have seen your Papa Chuy in person many times. Do I look like someone that has ever turned down a six pack of Coors Light and a bag of Cheetos???
Mmkay, maybe three sixpacks of Coors Light and two bags of Cheetos. And don't be touching things after eatin' those Cheetos!

:rolleyes: :D