Socal Tech Day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be happy to help if you are going to do it. Make sure you read all about it before you start.
WTF? I thought you were in charge of the Osso Buco, Grappa and Spumoni ice cream! Johnny80s, dj bill is going to trust you with doing valve adjustments? Really??

Last edited by a moderator:
am more worried about fing the timing up, i can bring a new valve gasket, micrometer. also i don't have is all the different shims to swap out if needed :( i can buy a bottle of what ever you like

I don't have shims either. I went and bought the ones I needed but they are not guaranteed to be in stock. You can screw up the timing if you don't wire the cams to the chain at the cams and the crank. That is only if you are swapping shims. Just checking the clearances is very easy, it is when you have to swap shims that you need to wire the cams in. When I offer to help I don't mean do it for you. I want to make this clear. The valve check is easy but the shim replacement is much more in depth. I will help you through the process but you need to be familiar with the entire process. If you think this is too much then I would have it done in Redlands or Rancho Cucamonga. Both are good dealerships.

"something YOU can do at home" is right, just NOT this home......

No valve checks here boys this is a saturday tech day NOT a weekend tech day......

R

I'm in.

I have been wanting to get my FJR fixed for a long time, But didn't have the time with my job. I will trailer it in to fix my oilpan gasket and put the plastics back on.

I will need at least a week notice to the exact date because of the many choices of may 7th, so i can take time off from work.

Let the jokes begin!

Last edited by a moderator:
not my 351 windsor against your blown whatever the fk size it is.........not much of a race.might be able to take you at a car show. i got shiny and custom.lol

hell i might bring the mustang just to blow out the cobb webs.

not my 351 windsor against your blown whatever the fk size it is.....
Bill, it's always about blowin' with you, ain't it?
tongue.gif

Latest posts