Socked-In

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe2Lmaker

Reaction score
Most of my day has been in the snow.

Shoveling

Snow blowing

Brushing off the vehicles

More snow blowing

a little driving...

followed by "fuck-it. I'm gonna drink and wait this shit out."

Two soaking wet pair of gloves, two soaking wet winter jackets and two pair of soaking wet jeans are hanging in the basement with slush and water dripping off of them.

The snow hasn't stopped, the wind is picking up and the temperature is dropping.

Check out the pics. Local news gallery: <Link>

(The John Grunditz of Navarre picture of two deer is my favorite)

Last edited by a moderator:
Spent the majority of the day pushing white shit out of my way. The roads around here belong to the county but the county doesn't maintain them. supposed to get some more tonite. :angry2:

yep, that crap is headed our way tonight.

The Bears are supposed to be playing in minus 10 degree wind chills and 55 mph wind gusts. :blink:

I'm gonna stay inside until April...I'm tired of being cold and it's only the beginning of December. :glare:

I bet it's even cold down in my future home of Greenville, SC. :huh:

Spent the majority of the day pushing white shit out of my way. The roads around here belong to the county but the county doesn't maintain them. supposed to get some more tonite. :angry2:
I don't know man...

After looking at this <Link>, I think I'd still trade places with you.

Looks like all we'll get downstate is a cold rain, little light snow, and high winds.

Still sucks, but at least I don't have to shovel it. :)

went through all that crap for a long time now live in

Florida but it is cold down here also, although the

days are pretty nice and no SNOW, but the wife and

I are flying to Detroit tomorrow if we can get into

Detroit.

I'd suggest get to work on the Gen I Aux. fuel cell instead of busting your ass with snow. Wait, I just shoveled snow in the Freaking dry-shitties. :)

Dave

Joe is getting hammered with snow tonight.. Thankfully the storm is going to burn itself out on them cheeze dicks. :yahoo:

Y'know...I've seen snowblowers advertised and sort of guessed what they were used for. :dntknw: :unsure:

It was interesting to see them being used, though. I once thought it might be fun to run one....now I think it's more fun to see pictures of them being operated by someone else. ;)

The weather is rough here in the central valley of CA.....it has been drizzling and raining all day and it's predicted to be partly cloudy @ 64 tomorrow. :dirol:

I'm gonna stay inside until April...I'm tired of being cold and it's only the beginning of December. :glare:
Wheaty, whatcha doing the last week of December?

I'm thinking about catchin' a flight and renting a bike someplace WARM!
Lucky you!

I'll be just dreaming of warm places and looking at my California Gazetteer.

...and looking at the calendar chanting...is it April yet????

Pushing some extreme sunshine today, yuk. Mid 70's in almost winter, that's criminal. :yahoo:

Bust is the only snow blower I know of... :D

Does 72F sound good? Book that flight now. Have spare bike(s) and camper (with air conditioining, HD TV, and top o' the line Stereo system) availalbe for you... :rolleyes:

I might wake up early, go for a long ride and even post a RR just to rub it in.. :fuck: Mean dcarver, mean.

Lucky you!

I'll be just dreaming of warm places and looking at my California Gazetteer.

...and looking at the calendar chanting...is it April yet????
In April, it will be 18F and snowing, knowing your luck Wheatie... :eek:

Snow sucks period...hope I never use a snow blower again!

Have a pineapple express heading through the PNW now. The talking heads are predicting 3" of rain in the lowlands and 4" - 9" in the Cascades...snow level is waaaay up there too. All that snow we received in the last couple weeks, yep, now melting and flood warnings everywhere. Glad I live on TOP of the hill.

At least we don't have to shovel it... ;)

--G

Going over to the Bike show this a.m. early, roads were dry and 70+mph. Left Seattle around 2 pm and by the time we got to the top of Snoqualmie pass on I90 there was 9to 10 inches of the white shit. Over Blewett pass on 97 there was almost a foot in the middle of the highway. We've gotten almost 10 inches since noon and it's not letting up. Some pineapple express you're sending us Escape.

Y'know...I've seen snowblowers advertised and sort of guessed what they were used for. :dntknw: :unsure:

It was interesting to see them being used, though. I once thought it might be fun to run one....now I think it's more fun to see pictures of them being operated by someone else. ;)

The weather is rough here in the central valley of CA.....it has been drizzling and raining all day and it's predicted to be partly cloudy @ 64 tomorrow. :dirol:
Mike, you need to ignore what you see, and go ride. I picked up a Cee Bailey windshield from Puppychow (or what ever), and went up to El Dorado Hills where the sun was bright and warm. A nice run up Salmon Falls Rd, Coloma, Placerville and other places and it was all good. You know the score. Get out of the Valley when the fog settles in.

Snow sucks period...hope I never use a snow blower again!

Have a pineapple express heading through the PNW now. The talking heads are predicting 3" of rain in the lowlands and 4" - 9" in the Cascades...snow level is waaaay up there too. All that snow we received in the last couple weeks, yep, now melting and flood warnings everywhere. Glad I live on TOP of the hill.

At least we don't have to shovel it... ;)

--G
Now happy the BOSS denied my time off... Geesh. I'm made of SUGAR and would melt in rain... :lol: