Socked-In

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the reminder. We have seen flurries and every morning has been in tthe teens. I am sure we will get hit any day now. It is cold and dark when I go to work and when I get home. I can't wait for the end of March to get here, for now I will just throw another log in the woodstove and stay inside.

Snow with wind gusts up to 50 MPH today. I thought I heard a snow plow coming down the street,but then I realized it was the sound of the wind through the trees in the yard. I just hope we don't lose power. Then the temps are supposed to drop below zero for the next few days.

I need to move south.

It's time for me to get out there again. I just watched the snow plow make four passes on our side of the street to push all the snow up on the curb.

Mid-storm the snow plows made a couple of passes to try and keep the streets clear for emergency vehicles. That's rare.

The temperature is zero. Fahrenheit.

The Vikings/Giants game is delayed because 1.)The Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport was closed by the storm and 2.)The roof of the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome collapsed under the weight of the snow.

1dome.jpg

At one point yesterday the snowplows were pulled off the roads. What mess. I was driving in it yesterday, but I've got a tall 4WD truck. I told my wife I was going to get my oil changed, but I was really going to buy her Christmas gift. (I'm a sneaky liar). The interstate was littered with vehicles. On two different freeway ramps, I saw the snow plows boxed in because there were cars and semis stuck in snow in front of them and a train of cars following them. It was ridiculous.

The store was closed too. Now I have to tell another lie and try again today to buy that gift. She's going to think I have a girlfriend.

I was going to take my son ice fishing today. I'm not sure how I'm going to pull that off.

The Vikings/Giants game is delayed because 1.)The Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport was closed by the storm and 2.)The roof of the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome collapsed under the weight of the snow.

1dome.jpg
The video of the roof collapsing was pretty cool! Glad it happened in the wee hours. Heaven only knows what kind of pandemonium would have ensued if it woulda happened during the game.

It started raining here around 7:00 last night and was still raining this morning. When Sooze and I went to the gym around 9:30 this morning, it was raining with some snow mixed in.

Here's our current view outta the back door.

DSC00074.jpg

We'll get maybe another inch or two tonight, but the temps are gonna drop for the next several days and the wind is gonna pick up.

So, I decided to don my now-not-really-used Fieldsheer Aqua Tour jacket and my Scorpion winter gloves and go out and shovel the truck out. Way I figure, better to get as much done now while the wind chill is tolerable rather than wait until for morning for the REALLY cold crap.

Sooze took this one as I was knocking the crap off the truck.

DSC00075.jpg

Bottom line: no riding for me for a while, and I've got the itch...

You guys oughta find an ol' XR100 or sumpin similar and do hot laps around the block...

I miss snow...
If I had room in the garage, I'd have an ATV in there for times like this. Best I could do right now is put knobbies on Sooze's Buell Blast, but I look like a monkey humping a football when I ride that thing.

Ya mean like this...
COOL!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel your pain, Joe. Went out a couple times Saturday to try and stay ahead of it. Then went out for 2 hours Sunday late morning and managed to get my driveway clear. Got a call about 4:30 yesterday afternoon from the single neighbor lady. She has learned to run her 5-horse snowblower, but couldn't clear her sidewalk. So out I went.....one hour to clear 150 feet of sidewalk. Depth was over the top of my 8-horse snowblower auger, with most of it compacted from the snowplow. What a bitch. I know it's nothing compared to Buffalo, but 14 inches of snow, zero degrees, and 40 mph gusts aren't fun.

This ain't Nome, but I walked to work this morning (about a mile-and-a-half)......14 below, and about 15 mph breeze. Refreshing. The kind of morning that if you walked out the door with your fly open, you'd know it in a nano-second.

How about a positive note? In just 8 days, the days start getting longer! Riding season can't be far away......

We've been having some cold weather, but not this weekend. I rode the Feej from my house to Saint George to Cedar City and back (about 140 miles). The highest temperature was 61ºF and the lowest was 54º F during that trip. Beautiful day, snow in the mountains, against the beautiful red rocks in the lower elevations. NICE!

Now that I posted this it will probably snow.

1dome.jpg
The video of the roof collapsing was pretty cool! Glad it happened in the wee hours. Heaven only knows what kind of pandemonium would have ensued if it woulda happened during the game.

It started raining here around 7:00 last night and was still raining this morning. When Sooze and I went to the gym around 9:30 this morning, it was raining with some snow mixed in.

Here's our current view outta the back door.

DSC00074.jpg

We'll get maybe another inch or two tonight, but the temps are gonna drop for the next several days and the wind is gonna pick up.

So, I decided to don my now-not-really-used Fieldsheer Aqua Tour jacket and my Scorpion winter gloves and go out and shovel the truck out. Way I figure, better to get as much done now while the wind chill is tolerable rather than wait until for morning for the REALLY cold crap.

Sooze took this one as I was knocking the crap off the truck.

DSC00075.jpg

https://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays//usa/arizona/chandler/id/usaz0034;jsessionid=1C21E913E4B350D49A9DB4FDD8D93977 I feel your pain, Andy; I really do. Got down to a miserable 45F last night and is only going to get up to 80F for tomorrow's ride to Sofia's in Gila Bend, Arizona for lunch. My illegitimate bastard Hijo SkooterG asked me if he could borrow a sweatshirt for the ride; but I don't own one! Only tanktops.

I also live in a area with lots of snow. I get to ride a snowmobile as part of my job in the winter time so at least get to be out on a motorized mode of travel other than a car.

Now for those with dirt bikes you could go for this;

snowbike1.jpg

https://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays//usa/arizona/chandler/id/usaz0034;jsessionid=3E0BAFB848A71E936E20CF87BB2B807E WEATHER ALERT, DANGER: I regret to inform you Zonie riders that our local Phoenix conditions have turned for the worse! It is only going to be 78F degrees here today in Maricopa County, Arizona for our ride to Sofia's for lunch in Gila Bend, not the previously forecasted high of 80F degrees!

Even worse yet, it dropped to a 44F low, and it was only supposed to go down to 45F. So buck up my hardy riders, put on your extra riding gear and we will fight these disastrous riding conditions as best we can. Try not to freeze and see you at 10:30! When the going gets tough, the FJR tough get going. Ride to Eat, Eat to Ride!

Oorah!

https://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays//usa/arizona/chandler/id/usaz0034;jsessionid=3E0BAFB848A71E936E20CF87BB2B807E WEATHER ALERT, DANGER: I regret to inform you Zonie riders that our local Phoenix conditions have turned for the worse! It is only going to be 78F degrees here today in Maricopa County, Arizona for our ride to Sofia's for lunch in Gila Bend, not the previously forecasted high of 80F degrees!

Even worse yet, it dropped to a 44F low, and it was only supposed to go down to 45F. So buck up my hardy riders, put on your extra riding gear and we will fight these disastrous riding conditions as best we can. Try not to freeze and see you at 10:30! When the going gets tough, the FJR tough get going. Ride to Eat, Eat to Ride!

Oorah!

Ahhhem!!.. :whistle:

Bite-Me--T-Shirt--Sports-Tshirts-A8404C-md.jpg

:finger:

Oorah!

Ahhhem!!.. :whistle:

Bite-Me--T-Shirt--Sports-Tshirts-A8404C-md.jpg

:finger:
+1