• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

****SOLD****Russell Day Long

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
*****SOLD*****Russel Day Long Front and Rear seats. These have been off the bike for the past two years. I am the second owner and found that they didn't really work for me as the person I bought them from was much lighter in weight than I am. I found that for me they were more like Russell 1/2 day seats. I contacted Russell to see about getting them set to my weight and it would have cost me the same as having sent in, or rode in, on my stock seats at over $750.00 for the set. Not what I wanted to do. I have found that the stock seats are just fine for me. These are in good condition, no rips or tears. Asking $500.00 + shipping in CONUS only. I will find out cost to ship once I have them packaged and weighed. PM me if you are interested and we can start working from there.
IMG_0492.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
pm sent

edit:

I'm to fat...these are going to make someone (else) very happy ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
What was the weight and height of the rider the seats were made for??

Thanks, Bob

This is part of the reply to my earlier PM to OP

"It was a female rider. I believe she was 5'6 or so and around 150lbs or so"

I hope this helps ;)

Thanks Chuck, yes, that is what I believe. At the time I bought these I was not informed that they matched the seat to riders weight also. I do know that over a certain weight it is best to have them sprung. According to the Russell Website:

Heavy-Duty Suspension

In most cases adequate outer buttock support is provided in the standard system for the driver and proper combination of foam densities for the passenger. But for drivers weighing 230 lbs or more and passengers weighing 150lbs or more, the Heavy Duty Suspension is required for adequate support. $45.00 per saddle.

1. Include the additional charge for each Heavy-Duty Suspension that applies in your order form.
  2. If Heavy-Duty Suspension clearly does not apply, do not include it in your order. Like overload springs on a truck, it will result in too stiff a ride if the weight is not there to make it flex.

I don't quite qualify for the heavy springs, but I'm 5" taller than this seat was made for. I suspect the foam is much thinner than I would require. Also a seat made for a woman might have a key difference somewhere important lol