• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD Stock Rear Shock (from Gen 1)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
I found two stock shocks from a pair of '05's I have had. I don't remember exactly, but think they have 10,000 each on them.

FJR shocks bolt directly up for all years (except ES). But they did firm up the the springs and/or internals several times over the generations. I suggest this stock used unit is best for a person that has totally wore out their existing shock and doesn't want to spring for a new one, try and have it rebuilt (reports are you can but for a significant cost), or going aftermarket.

$100 shipped CONUS only, PayPal preferred

https://mattwatkins.org/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/IMG_4692.jpg

https://mattwatkins.org/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/IMG_4693.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ignacio, do you still have one of those '05 shocks for sale? If so, I think I'm your buyer. My original shock just blew out at 160,000 miles and I don't need an aftermarket upgrade (or the cost of one!). LMK!

Bruce

I'm away from the shock for a couple of weeks.  I'll be back home around November 1.  PM me then if interested.

Bruce,

If Iggy doesn't come through for you, let me know.  I have 2 stock shocks from my 2005.  Each have about 50K miles on them.  

Ignacio, do you still have one of those '05 shocks for sale? If so, I think I'm your buyer. My original shock just blew out at 160,000 miles and I don't need an aftermarket upgrade (or the cost of one!). LMK!

Bruce

Bruce

I just returned your PM. I'll sell you my Gen2 shock with 26,321 miles on it for same as Iggy if you need it sooner. $100.00 shipped to conti US.

Count me in on a rear shock if anyone has a low mileage 05 for sale. 

Count me in on a rear shock if anyone has a low mileage 05 for sale. 
I know a guy in Bend that had one cheap with low miles. I'll see if he still has it and let you know. 

Status
Not open for further replies.