Some comments made while wearing my gear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drjfjr

Reaction score
I have a Joe Rocket Blue and Black Hard drive jacket, an HJC silver flip front helmet, Olympia 401 leather gauntlet gloves, and Joe Rocket Alter Ego pant. This year I am getting more comments about my gear for some reason .

I was in a gas station and an older gentleman addressed me as officer. I of course told him I wasn’t a member of the police force,

At work they call me a ninja turtle or make comments about my spacesuit. :alien:

I went into Home Depot and a young boy about 7 years old yelled out “Its Batman!”. He did this several times whenever we crossed paths. :haha:

Last night my daughter locked the keys in her car so I rode up to the bowling alley where my wife and daughter were in a league and took in the car keys. I had left all my gear on since I was just stepping in to give my Daughter her keys. When my wife came home she said that the others in the league at first thought I was a police officer and others thought I was scary :dribble:

Any of you have gear stories that you think is strange?

robocop.jpg

I wear the Kili II jacket and HT overpants. The only comment I have gotten was from a couple of women at the office who saw me putting the overpants on. They said it looked a lot like dressing one of their kids up in a snowsuit.

My dad calls us "The Spacebots", or just "The Bots". Other than that, I've pretty much heard it all by now.

IMG_0511.jpg

I've gotten spaceman, ninja turtles, power rangers, judge dread, robocop, and others I can't remember.

I wear the Kili II jacket and HT overpants. The only comment I have gotten was from a couple of women at the office who saw me putting the overpants on. They said it looked a lot like dressing one of their kids up in a snowsuit.
Ask 'em to run the numbers for a 80 mph wind chill when the ambient temp is 40.

No. That's not my prom picture. This is:

3193665.0551da.jpg

And if you're gonna talk smack, I'm gonna send Bertha (yeah, she's one of the Butt Sisters of Troglodyte fame) after your sorry ass...

:fuck: