Sometimes Being An Adult Sucks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"The stupidness is most of the reason I come here"... HotRodZilla
Wowser, this should be on top of the Masthead of www.fjrforum.com Brilliant, AJ! JSNS!
Please do not EVER accuse our 'Zilla of being brilliant ever again. 'Zilla is dumber than dirt and uglier than home-made sin.

But we are cutting him some slack right now because he has been through a bad time with his horse. I cannot wait until it is time to start insulting him again.

It isn't about devolving the thread into "stupidness", although that does sometimes happen around here. When someone is grieving you can offer your condolences, show your sympathy and/or empathy, but that doesn't do all that much towards lifting their spirit. A small dose of tasteful levity can help in that regard.

My thought was that the mental picture of AJ leading a tortoise around on a leash, (or better yet, saddling one up and riding it around the ranch) had to bring a little bit of a smile in an otherwise grim situation. I'm pretty sure that AJ appreciated it.

Sorry for your loss, AJ. But, I can't see getting too attached to a smelly turtle...
wink.png
What???

https://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/25753/

Last edited by a moderator:
"It is STUPID to be this way over an animal" a number of us have keyed on that statement as we know it to be untrue.

It is an expression on anger, one of the stages of grief and healthy. I have always enjoyed your posts AJ and got the

chance to know you a bit in Silver City. You are a lucky man to have had Scoot in your life.

BTW you owe me a box of tissues ASSHOLE.

Someday I would like to ride a good horse.

My horse experiences have been that you chase and try to catch them for an hour and ride them for 5 seconds if you can hang on.

I've always said I can get the same thrill by removing the handlebars and brakes, and sticking the throttle wide open on my bike for a lot less money...
smile.png

Losing a pet is tough enough. Can't imagine losing one I had for 30 years.... Dang....

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw Damn!!! I step away for a few days and see this?
sadsmiley.gif

Shit AJ, I'm sorry to hear this..... 30 years is a long time being attached for sure. Hope you're feeling better bud.