Sous Vide, the adventure begins

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like I'd want a pulled pork texture to be. I saw your posted result in the smoker thread, and it looks fantastic. Do you make a sauce for that?

I did, and was it good! All the juice that came out of the bag went into a sautee pan and simmered for a few hours. I added a small can of tomato sauce, anchovy paste, and worcestershire sauce. The pork by itself was amazing, but with that sauce - wow. Everyone raved about how good it was.

Sauce before it reduced down to <1cup.

IMG_4473_zpsdrvz91z5.jpg

Our son did end up getting us an Anova wifi model for Christmas. So far I've used it for perfectly poached eggs, incredible chicken Tikka Masala, the best pork tenderloin either of us have ever had, and yesterday I turned a bag full of frozen Thanksgiving turkey bones, water, vegetables and "aromatics" into a super rich turkey stock.

For our son's birthday dinner, I'm actually planning a full Sous Vide menu -- SV garlic confit with crusty bread for an appetizer, SV stout glazed beef short ribs over polenta for dinner, SV Chocolate pots de creme for dessert, and a SV maple-bacon infused bourbon to end the night.

One of these days we'll get around to actually trying SV steaks...

My friend Jamie (Bugman) sent pictures of a chuck roast he had done on Sous vide for 48 hours at 131 degrees, followed by a hot pan sear. His friend at dinner thought it was prime rib.

I might have to try that one.