Southern NH Freshie Report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred W

1 Wheel Drive
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
In these ever shortening autumn days we New Hampshire-ites need to carpe all the diem we can. Today, the sun was out in earnest, and the sky was that deep blue we only get in the low humidity of fall. Of course I had to sneek out for a little carpe. There will be plenty of non-riding days just ahead, no doubt.

Was just aimlessly wandering around some of the "regular" local roads to our north, but decided to cut across Rte 129 from where it intersects with Rte 107 between Pittsfield and Gilmanton over to Loudon (GoogleMap). I had stayed away from it all summer because, although it is a nice road with a couple of nice tight 25 mph turns, the road has been pretty beat for the past several years. It's only ~ 9 miles, but it is a nice section with very low traffic.

Well, somebody else noticed and it is now freshly paved!! :yahoo: Had I anticipated the outing a little better I'd have ridden it in the opposite direction, as running it southwesterly I was squinting to see the road pretty hard between the long shadows and bright sun (damn sun is low in the sky already at 2:30PM) but it was still a pleasure to ride it.

Get yourself a piece while you can, before the frost heaves this winter take their annual toll.

Last edited by a moderator:
And you didn't invite me? I thought we were friends :cray:

;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This was indeed a bonus day that kinda, sorta makes up for the shitty things that happened this spring. We got out for a bit on Sunday and enjoyed some of the mild weather. It was almost another Fine Day Out. As the sun was getting low in the sky while we were heading west I flipped up my face shield to reduce sun glare and at 40 mph took a pine cone right on the nose. Then to make things worse, it bounced up onto the open face shield and dingered the inside of the shield, right between the eyes.

Anyhoo, glad you were able to get out and enjoy a late season jewel. Thanks for the tip on the road, it looks like I may have some time on Wednesday to confirm your road report. Even if it may be sprinkling.

Paul booked a last minute vacation day and Gina swapped today for Friday's holiday, and we headed out to carpe as well. We poked around some of our regular roads up in the southwestern part of NH and had a nice lunch a Fiddleheads. Was definitely a great day for it!

The weekend is actually looking promising, so we're not calling it quits yet!

Thanks for the heads up on the fresh pavement, Fred.. Hopefully they give the same treatment to some of the other NH roads after the winter. And Alan, sorry we didn't think to post our plans either.

Sorry for my selfishness, guys!! :blush:

It was a very last minute decision. I didn't even head out until after lunch, and now that it's getting dark at four f***ing -thirty you don't get much ride time before the forest rats take over the roads.

Anybody rideing Tuesday? :yahoo:
I think I could be enticed again... (checks calendar) Yep, I could definitely be enticed.

Fred Gordon is going to meet me around 10:30 any thoughts about meeting at a lunch spot and heading out up your way?

jack

Fred Gordon is going to meet me around 10:30 any thoughts about meeting at a lunch spot and heading out up your way?

jack
Jack, Alan, AJ and Fred: In the famous words of Silver Penguin "Miss Jilly Beans" here on our FJR Forum - "If there are no pictures, it didn't happen!" Bring your cameras along, Boys!

You forget the NECC(new england computer curmudgeon) can't post pictures. Replying to an e-mail is about the extent of my computer skills :(

You forget the NECC(new england computer curmudgeon) can't post pictures. Replying to an e-mail is about the extent of my computer skills :(
Ah come on Jack, I can barely walk and chew gum at the same time, and Old Michael taught me how to post up pictures to our forum. Send a PM to Mick and he will send you the same tutorial he sent me three years ago. NOTE: Be careful of OM, he's Irish and will lift your wallet in a Boston minute!

Send me your phone number, Jack

I'm going to TEACH you how to post pics! ('cause you and Jane DO get some good ones ;) )

Grace and I did a quick loop Monday up through 123A in Ashby over through Temple and Wilton. It was a bit cool in the areas that still have some snowpack. Warmer down through the larger towns. Gotta work today, tho.

It must be nice to have all that vacation time Fred. Weathere here today (Tuesday) is so sweet! I'd love to get the FJR out but work calls and vacation time is LOW! But I plan on fixing that the end of this month. It's called RETIREMENT!!!!

Tom

Sorry Jack. I didn't get your PM until I got back.

What I had in mind this morning pro'lly wouldn't have worked out for you Mass-holes anyway. :eek: Just too far to go... ;)

And Tom, yes, today I did take an actual vacation day (yesterday was just an afternoon of playing hookey with the cell phone paired to the GPS, Shhhh! ).

I do get 5 weeks of vacation (after working >25 years for the same company) so, in many years I never get around to using them all. And it's all "use it or lose it", so with another stellar weather forecast this morning, I was pretty anxious to hit the road early.

After-all, last week at this time we were running generators and snowblowers.

100_2957.jpg

Even my boy Petey was rather nonplussed at such an early display of the white stuff

100_2964.jpg

Moved the ride report into the "Ride Report" section, of all places... :huh:

Anyone looking for a little spin this weekend and your in the RI area I will be doing route work on the Ride to the Rock. Drop me a PM.

I'm going to TEACH you how to post pics! ('cause you and Jane DO get some good ones ;) )
You know Maria Elena, your Papa Chuy can always benefit from further teaching in the fine art of posting photographs up to the FJR Forum. Perhaps a refresher course in Key West could be scheduled for us? MEM: BeemerDonS would much rather have your helping hands than those of Old Michael! You have my number, Darling!!!

...jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

You know Maria Elena, your Papa Chuy can always benefit from further teaching in the fine art of posting photographs up to the FJR Forum. Perhaps a refresher course in Key West could be scheduled for us? MEM: BeemerDonS would much rather have your helping hands than those of Old Michael! You have my number, Darling!!!

...jes' sayin' and nuff' said!
I DO have your number, Papa ;)

And I loooove Key West :rolleyes:

I think I have made it 3 or 4 days without taking the bike out so far.

I have had the In-laws over when everyone lost power. (I lost power as well but had my generator ready) I think that’s the longest period I have had the bike stored.

I keep taking every opportunity to take a spin.

If the road is black and dry I will go out for a bit. Low 40’s haven’t stopped me yet. And a snow bank looks so funny when you park beside it!

I do miss riding with you guys. But am very happy you are all taking every ride you can!

Latest posts