Southern Ohio Spring Fling - April 24-25 anyone interested?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray

Reaction score
So who would be up for getting out on the southern Ohio roads April 24-25? I have that weekend open. Lets plan something like the last couple of years. :yahoo:

So who would be up for getting out on the southern Ohio roads April 24-25? I have that weekend open. Lets plan something like the last couple of years. :yahoo:
Ray

I will try to get that weekend off. Could be tough as I will just be coming off vacation.

If you get a chance stop in and say hi at Advance Auto Parts in Amherst.

Most rides are two up on the weekends and I often have days during the week when I ride solo.

Scraped Up said you ride pretty well when you remember which side is up....just kidding.

Steve B

Ray

I will try to get that weekend off. Could be tough as I will just be coming off vacation.

If you get a chance stop in and say hi at Advance Auto Parts in Amherst.

Most rides are two up on the weekends and I often have days during the week when I ride solo.

Scraped Up said you ride pretty well when you remember which side is up....just kidding.

Steve B
So you are going to listen to a guy with a handle of "scrapped up" comment on someone else's riding - :rolleyes: Actually Dave is great friend and under my tutalege learning to ride pretty good himself. It woud be great if we can get a group togetehr. We usually meet in Athens Saturday around 8 am and ride all day Saturday and 1/2 day Sunday before coming home.

I'd love to join you, but it might be difficult with my wife's birthday on the 25th.

I will probably try some other weekend and ride out of Caldwell. Although I like Athens, the motels are very expensive down there...or pretty crappy...or both...atleast the typical ones I have tried.

Have fun on your ride. :clapping:

I might be interested...just depends on if I'm in the state at that time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weather here is calling for much rain. Flooding likely. If major washouts etc, I'll post. Dam floods ruined roads a while back.

Weather here is calling for much rain. Flooding likely. If major washouts etc, I'll post. Dam floods ruined roads a while back.
Thanks - would be great to get a status and hope all will be well as we get closer to mid April. From posts above and talking to Dave (Scrapped up) Caldwell may be.a better starting location. Just off I-77 and cheaper good quality motel. Let's keep posting up who might be interested - will keep running tally.

My Heaven's

If this isn't the perverbeil [how's that for some fancy spelling] "The pot calling the kettle black" Just because I've crashed not only on my snowmobile, jet ski, car, my bicycle, roller blades, skateboard, skiing, sunk our boat on a couple of occasions, and motorcycle a countless number of times, does anyone out there in cyber world, think that it's alright to expose a fellow FJR Forum member to such open ridicule? Ther's only one way to settle this.

Guy's, this is coming from one of the slowest riders I've ever seen! And if you really want the straight scoop, this is the guy who parked his mount 8' up in the tire wall in turn 4 at Nelson Ledges Race Course. So there, now everybody knows what a piece of work you are "Ray". And one more thing, it's "Scrapedup" not " Scrapped up" for your information. And since that sounds an awful lot like a Throw Down to me. The only way that I can see how we can settle this once and for all is take this matter to the track. You in or are you out. Chicken!!!!!!!!! Nelson Ledges, April 17th , 9:00 AM. Thats if your not to "Scared " So There!!!!!!!!!!

No really Guy's he really does suck as a rider!!!!!!!

Is it Spring Yet?

Dave

I love riding Southern Ohio roads but can't squeeze this one in as I am trying to get in the Moonshine run a few weeks before and am having shoulder surgery on the 19th, so that'll put me off riding for a few weeks. Maybe next time; I would like to get up there, ride some roads, and meet some folks...

The rains weren't nearly as heavy as predcted, so I'm ASSUMING the roads should be AOK. Won't be able to ride them for a couple more weeks, as we're in Charlotte now, then off to Myrtle for a week.

I was out on 536,255,78 and a few others yesterday.For the most part they're in good shape,a little sand here and there,but that's to be expected this time of year.

They fixed a couple of the bad bumps on 536,but there are still some bad ones left...hopefully they'll work on a few more this year.Some slides are starting to raise their ugly heads on 536 also,but it's still a fun road.If you ride 536,take the 3 mile trip out to Kiedash Park(probably spelled wrong),it's well worth the time if you enjoy scenic overlooks.

One corner on 255 has some rough,crumbling pavement,but the rest of it survived the winter in good shape.

Heading down to the Hocking Hills today.

I was out on 536,255,78 and a few others yesterday.For the most part they're in good shape,a little sand here and there,but that's to be expected this time of year.
They fixed a couple of the bad bumps on 536,but there are still some bad ones left...hopefully they'll work on a few more this year.Some slides are starting to raise their ugly heads on 536 also,but it's still a fun road.If you ride 536,take the 3 mile trip out to Kiedash Park(probably spelled wrong),it's well worth the time if you enjoy scenic overlooks.

One corner on 255 has some rough,crumbling pavement,but the rest of it survived the winter in good shape.

Doing some scouting and taking one for the team, right Denny? :D

Doing some scouting and taking one for the team, right Denny? :D
Absolutely!It was tough...70 and sunny...but I soldiered on. ;)

Thanks Denny. Went about 340 miles yesterday from Avon down to 555 and 78. Roads looked grat. First time I have been on fjr since racing accident last Sept. It felt great! Looking forward to late April's run.

Rode 536 today, both directions, some bumps, nothing to worry about. Ashes goin and comming for about the first 4 miles from the 3 way stop. Should be OK by the time you ride it. Definately better shape than I feared. Goin back in a couple days, found a treasure, but didn't have my camera, pics comin shortly.