Split: Off-topic about Nevada, Gears, and Other Stuff

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not impressed with the shifting quality of my '16 6-speed.
Interesting. The shifting quality is what I like best about the 6-speed. I've owned an '03 and a '13 and my '16 is the smoothest shifting bike I've ever had. That coupled with the slipper clutch are the best features of the Gen 3 1/2's IMHO.

It is possible that I simply have a bad example. Though there are a few other threads around here bitching about the 6-speed. Or maybe all FJRs are not created alike. No matter what year. All I know is that of the four FJRs in my garage - an 04 with 185k, and 09 with 128k, and a 14 ES with 2k, the 16 with 12k is the worst shifting of them all.
Scooter, I would venture to say you probably have the most FJR's in your possession than anyone on the Forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is Two Wheel Obsessions video on changing older FJR's to the slipper clutch,

very well done, as are all his video's.

Anyone who feels they NEED a higher top gear, but don't have the coin for a 2016-19 Gen.4

can put Royal Star Venture rear end gears in their Gen. 1 or Gen. 2 FJR and drop the RPM's

below 4000 at 85mph. Just sayin.