Spring 2012 Tech Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to bring the following items for sale or trade:

2006-07 FJR service manual, 1 set, Ariete 89deg metal valve stems, 1 set, Adjustable dogbones and finally a set of rediculously long frame sliders for some other brand m/c (use as wall hangers?).

I am interested in learning about heated grips and the installation requirements. Has anybody installed heated grips? I don't have them for this tech meet but they are on the short list of add ons.

I am interested in learning about heated grips and the installation requirements. Has anybody installed heated grips? I don't have them for this tech meet but they are on the short list of add ons.
I added aftermarket heated grips, you can check them out tomorrow.

Nothing on my schedule yet. Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow. Might be bringing FJRyder with me if I can make it... Can Bryan or someone send me the address please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone bringing a Carbtune with them? Escapefjrtist?? I would like to accomplish a TBS tomorrow.
I have one already. Usually George or Kevin brings theirs also. Got you covered.
Perfect timing...loading up tools and such now.

Anything else y'all can think of that we might need??

--G

Think we are pretty well set. The attendee list is updated. Couple of late surprises just contacted me.
My +1 just dropped out because his Ducati electrical gremlins wont let him start his bike. I'll be solo.

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, got my tools loaded on the bike and off I go,

to work/play with my friends I go, Hi Ho, Hi Ho!

38.3 °F anf clear :cold:

Have I told you lads how much I love my heated jacket liner. B)

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, got my tools loaded on the bike and off I go,

to work/play with my friends I go, Hi Ho, Hi Ho!

38.3 °F anf clear :cold:

Have I told you lads how much I love my heated jacket liner. B)
+1, I let the dog out this morning and it's cold!! time to plug in and go play :yahoo:

All the stars aligned....but unfortunately to keep me from attending. I came down yesterday with a nasty head cold. I had sooooo looked forward to this trip and seeing you all again. And I had the Tuono all ready to go by yesterday, new tires on and the bar end mirrors mounted.

I don't feel up to driving a car for an hour, never mind sitting on a naked bike today for 3 hours plus one way, having to pull over every few minutes to attend to my runny nose...sigh.

All I can say is that I hope to at least see some of you at the next Windy Ridge run. :(

Big thanks to Brian and Marissa for hosting PNW Spring Tech Day again, picture on another thread

Hellloooo. Without pictures, it hasn't happened. Jes sayin and nuf said. :glare:

Great turn out here's the link to the 2012 Spring tech meet pictures

Good to see everyone and a few new faces. Carl - good to see tehy got your TBS done. Hope it is running a lot smoother now. The paint job looked very good! Thanks to Panman and Escapefjrtist for all their technical support! The weather was great. I thkn this was the largest turn out. I heard somone say there were at least 40 bikes here and 50 people. WOW!

Good to see Sock Monkey be able to make the trip up from Portland. Been far too long Marty.

Hellloooo. Without pictures, it hasn't happened. Jes sayin and nuf said. :glare:
...and just where were you?!?

--G
Had to go to a meeting up at lake chelan, 4 hours of yada, yada, yada. But I rode up and back, so that helped.

Weather looked a lot better than last year. If it keeps growing, might have to rent a hall or do shifts. :)