Spring hasn't sprung

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moosehead

Reaction score
It was supposed to be a nice weekend so I visited family in Orillia about 2.5 hours from my place. The trip up was great, sunny and approx 9C(48F). Today I left to come home at about 4pm and it was sunny and 12C (54F). In the first hour the sun disappeared and it dropped down to 6C (43F). The weird thing is that I was heading south. As I neared Kitchener the temp dropped 6 more deg to 0C (32F) and it started snowing hard and heavy. I only had about another 20 min. of driving so I kept going. Less than half an hour after pulling in the garage the snow was staying on the road.

DSC01128.jpg

half an hour later

DSC01132.jpg

I was out on the FJR both yesterday and today but just around town plus the forecast for this evening was bad so I made sure the bike was back in the garage by mid-afternoon. I tested the new Zumo and it seems to be able to find its way to Tim Hortons so I think I'll keep it.

Howly white cow poop Moosie, you have big cajones!

You and I were at opposite extremes - I was in Death Valley!

That sucks :angry: I rode into work tonight at 6, and the roads were dry into Toronto......but an hour later and it's snowing like crazy!! I'm thinking "crap, how am I gonna git home?" then I remembered I have a CT on the back. Shouldn't have any problems with the snow ;) ;)

It stopped now (12:30 a.m) just wet roads and rain. Almost makes me want to move south for good!! Sick of this snow crap!!!

Snowing here this morning, supposed to turn to rain. My bike is still in the shop till next weekend.

As for the snow in April. I've seen it snow here in June.

As for Moosehead, before medical science comes up with an effective treatment for mental illness, they're going to have to deal with otherwise sane Canadian motorcycle riders.

It was supposed to be a nice weekend so I visited family in Orillia about 2.5 hours from my place. The trip up was great, sunny and approx 9C(48F). Today I left to come home at about 4pm and it was sunny and 12C (54F). In the first hour the sun disappeared and it dropped down to 6C (43F). The weird thing is that I was heading south. As I neared Kitchener the temp dropped 6 more deg to 0C (32F) and it started snowing hard and heavy. I only had about another 20 min. of driving so I kept going. Less than half an hour after pulling in the garage the snow was staying on the road.
BTDT! In Pennsylvania and Connecticut in October - for a few hundred kms :blink:

Glad you made it home okay, Mike. See you soon !

Last edited by a moderator: