Ss1000 And Bb1500

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mole_

Reaction score
Rode from Middle Tennessee to Mitchell SD on Friday 8-26(when I left hurricane Katrina was a 1, by the time I got 1000 miles away she was a 5), then over to Gillette Wy and back to Rapid city SD on the 27th to hopefully get both of these rides in.. Stayed in Rapid city the 28th to go see Devils tower, Rushmore, Custer forest and the Black hills.. Decided to start heading back early when the tropical storm warnings where posted for Tn, rode back thru the Badlands then the sand hills of Nebraska to Missouri..

Some photo to share :)

password is 1111

DSCN2032.jpg

sent my stuff to the IBA around Sept 9th and havent heard back. Anyone know how long it usually take to find out if the app is going to be accepted?

Last edited by a moderator:
sent my stuff to the IBA around Sept 9th and havent heard back. Anyone know how long it usually take to find out if the app is going to be accepted?
I would expect 2-3 months. Summer is obviously their busy time, so your papers, submitted at the end of the rush have a lot of earlier submissions ahead of you. Other factors IMHO: Since this was an IBR year that slows things down, and also it seems that the IBA is getting more popular, so I think they are getting deluged with submissions that didn't happen a few years ago.

Patience grasshopper..........they will get to yours.

BTW - Congratualations on completing the rides!

Mole

Congratulations, and very nice pictures. I was out that way a few years ago too. The hills and the badlands are some beautiful open country. I was thinking and hoping to do those very runs in the IBA myself but this summer has been busier than I wanted it to be for runs on the bike. Mayber next year. Congrats again.

Devanator

Thanks for the congrats guys :) I saw that someone had got their cert's back in 10 day at the beginning of this season, and I was a little worried about my witnesses :unsure: Thanks for the answers fellas :D

Congrats. Even during off-peak times it usually takes about a month to process applications.

Remember that most of the folks doing verification have real jobs and are either part time IBA staff of volunteers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent mine in august 1st and I am still waiting. I wish that they would at least acknowledge that they recieve your stuff.

Lee

Great pic of the Badlands of South dakota Mole. I drove to Sturgis this summer with a group of five riders from Connecticut .Some have done the Irom-Butt 1K ride and I hope to do it in 06. :clap:

sks700,

Have they cashed your check yet? I sent paperwork to the IBA on Sept. 19th, and they deposited the check the 3rd of Oct. I still expect it will be a month or so till I hear back from them, but I do know they received my documentation.

I had checked my checking statements and didn't see the cashed check :rolleyes: Looking again, I see that it was cashed :D oops. So I guess it's just waiting now.

Lee

Congrats Lee, :clap: :clap:

I wonder who has #1? I hope to join the ranks of you numbered people next summer.

gypsy

Look on line. Whoever won the first IBRally would probably be IBA #1.
As I recall, the first IBRally had a 4 way tie for first place. They didn't want that to happen again so they added bonus legs -- and more bonus legs -- and more ....

I just received the confirmation email today from the Iron Butt Association that my ride documents for my membership have been approved. I'm #24591

:D

Latest posts