Stem Nut Thermometer?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaRoller

Exit Stage Left
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased a stem nut thermometer like this one for their Gen I bike?

Do you know if the 2005 Stem Nut is a 27mm or 30mm size?

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhhhh...... no comment. :blink:
Your no comment is a comment! :blink:

Is my post a stupid question or something? I don't see why it wouldn't look nice & tell me the outside temp on my FJR since it doesn't have the GEN II dash features.

Anybody with acutal productive responses is what I'm interested.

Lighten up Francis. A world without a little humor is a dull, dry place.

You figured it out - not my thing. So I made a funny response. Get over it. No doubt there are many farkles on my bike you would not care for. It's ok!

If all you want are positive responses, you are in the wrong place. We here at FJRForum WILL tell you your butt looks fat. :D

You've been around here long enough to know that.

....and he's not really a gen1 owner................

wait for it......

.....HE'S A GEN2 OWNER................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......also.

Ehh... don't be upset with Scoot. We all go blank sometimes. Old age you know. What tickled me is that somebody FINALLY asked a tech question that he DIDN'T know. How bout that?

Anyway, looks like a good idea, Roller, though it's a little pricey for my blood. Does look well made though. I know the stem nut size is 36mm, but not sure of the thread size. However, I think I found your info.

From the website, (Click on link below)

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/techmount-stem-mount-for-yamaha-fjr1300-03-05-silver

The site describes their stem nut mount. It says: "Fits stem bolts with 27mm diameter x 1.0 thread pitch. Mounts devices center over top triple clamp. Fits Yamaha FJR1300 ('03-'05) and Yamaha R6, '03-'05."

Sounds like that might be what you're looking for. Website link provided so you can confirm the info I found.

Gary

darksider #44

'

Scale on that thing in the first post would be microscopic by the time you actually mounted it and sat on the bike trying to see it.

And chrome? Really?

Here we go again.

Screenshot2012-11-15at100332PM.png

Good grief... Hold on till I get back-gotta go whip up some popcorn.

Roller, don't get mad! Here's what you do. Instead of buying that expensive useless piece of crap. Buy a GenII or buy one of those refrigerator magnets that have a thermometer on it. It'll do the same thing for $1. :rolleyes:

Before I croak and enter the Pearly Gates, or visit all of my Irish friends in Hell, I have just got to see Patriot Mike's FJR in person!

Swear to God that thing looks like Disney World gone mad, that's a true rolling abortion, but in a good way! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Gen 1 or not, it's 76.9F air temp

8129077498_6593a70faa.jpg

Dude. I've worked on it!!! Scary shit indeed!
I have to ask you a question here Walt! Can you actually see through the windshield past all of the crap that Patriot has in the way?

Or is this like flying a Stearman or DeHavilland tail dragger biplane where you have to look out at the side of the runway for takeoff!