Strange Bumps on Hands Only

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, I haven't had a chance to get to my doctor yet, but I have these very small bumps, like little water blisters, on my hands. Only on my hands, started popping up on Tuesday on the edge of my palm. I though it was just some sort of heat rash or something, then they started showing up on my fingers in different locations. Sometimes they itch, other times I don't even notice, but it is only on my hands, no other part of my body. Has anyone ever seen this or had experience with it. Would like some insight before seeing my Doc on monday, if I can get in.

Dave

Seen any of this recently?

summer-1.jpg

I used to get those on my hands, mostly in between my fingers and sometimes on the sides of my palms. Never knew what was causing them and I haven't had them in years. Maybe something in your diet is causing them?

i got bumps simular to what was described using of all things, the blue colored Dawn dishwashing soap.

cadman

Herpes?

Actually I'm serious for a change.

I dealt with the same issue for 15 years till It was diagnosed as the virus by a Doc. We all carry the virus and for whatever reason, stress, diet, sex with odot... It just flairs up. I know when I'm about to have issues because I get flu like symptoms and arthritis like pain in my joints.

And no it ain't on my junk! just my hands :dribble:

:jester:

Could be simple contact dermatitis (like poison ivy) or dyshidrotic eczema (dry hands). Poison ivy itches, usually *alot* , so if itch is very minor not likely. Hand eczema happens if you wear gloves alot or have to wash your hands repeatedlyand remove the natural oils, irritating the skin. The blisters are typically more "deep seated" than poison ivy and you almost have to work to get them to pop at clear fluids. Herpes usually has raised cloudy blisters on a very red base that then pop to shallow ulcers.

Check out this site for some ideas https://dermatology.about.com/od/skindiseases/tp/blisters.htm

Diagnosing dermatology lesions without actually seeing them is difficult, keep your doctor appt. If you have some 1% hydrocortisone (cortaid, ect ) and some basic hand lotion to keep you comfortable till the appt, you shouldn't cause any problems.

Doc

Believe it or not, since you are in California, it could be wind driven Poisen Ivy/Oak from the fires.

Fire Ants will cause the same symptoms if you have them in your area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave - It's quite possible you've had some sort of allergic reaction to something. Maybe in nature or possibly from something around the house, soap, a chemical, etc. What's changed recently in your diet, medication (if applicable), what you've been doing around the yard, where you've been, or if you've changed soaps, detergents, etc.

I don't think you're allergic to the FeeJ. :lol:

Best go see the doc and see what he says. Prayer is good too. ;)

What doc said. I used to get those maybe once every couple of years and dry skin was the culprit. I didn't make sense as the little blisters looked watery. Only the ones between my fingers itched. One doctor tried to treat them with steroids....I'll never do that again, so I just let them go away on their own.

Add>>yeah, the blisters were shallow, like they were just under or flush with the skin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been in the woods lately and around ticks?

Might look at the symptoms of rocky mountain spotted fever.