Stumble at about 2400 RPM and soft rear brake pedal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KhromalusionaL

Reaction score
Guys,

Its been a while since I have posted.

Like my topic title states I am getting a pretty noticeable stumble at 2400RPM while slowly accelerating. I notice it mainly while city riding. I did notice it pretty bad when I had a pillion the other day. I do not notice it if i am hard on the throttle though. Any ideas.

Second issue is a really soft rear brake pedal. I replaced pads last summer at about 26K. Probably didn't have to after the thought but i did. I noticed ever since my rear brake pedal seems soft. I can almost push it all the way down to the stop before the bike comes to a stop. I have bleed the brakes like the factory service book state to. After I do that it seems to be a lot stiffer but after a bit it seems to go back to soft. I have plenty of fluid and I have bleed the brakes 3 times since last summer. Any ideas.

Bike is an 08 with 35K on it. Aftermarket add ons include: KN Filter, VH CS one Pipes, PCV w/Auto Tune, GS Throttle tube.

If I remember correctly the factory books says start on the left side of the bike then right then rear. I bleed them all when I do it. Also i believe that the right caliper has a separate bleeder for the linked side of the system.

Both front calipers have separate bleeds for the linked brakes. If the brake is spongy you probably still have air in it somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, I also have an 08, and it had the spongy rear pedal. I did the rear caliper, then the front, and it's back to a nice firm feel now with no relapse to sponginess.

As far as the stumble, make sure your auto tune has no F/A ratios in the 2% column, and the 5% column up to about 5000 rpm. Also check your map, I am thinking †he auto tune has set some of the above areas into the negative nums, if they are, set them back to the stock table, some where from 5 to 10. Let me know how you make out.

Bob

Latest posts