• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Stumbled Across a Super Low Mile '05 For Sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcyuhn

Reaction score
Public Service Announcement in case anyone is interested. Not my bike, no association, and like Sgt. Shultz I Know Nothing.

My local BMW dealer has listed for sale a 2005 FJR with 1,954 miles. The bike appears to be stock with the Yamaha trunk and perhaps a CB windshield. Dealer claims it's an ABS model, though I've forgotten how to tell from pictures. Strictly from the photos, it looks extremely clean with good paint and cosmetics. I'm guessing it sat in somebody's garage unloved for many a year.

Bike is located in DFW Texas. I may go take a look at it later this week, time permitting.

https://www.bmwmotorcyclesdallas.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=2632744&p=2&s=Year&d=D&t=preowned&fr=xPreOwnedInventory

Move the thread for you to the correct place. Please categorize threads correctly in the future.

Dealer claims it's an ABS model, though I've forgotten how to tell from pictures.
They're wrong. The blue anodized caliper pots indicate a non-ABS bike. Nor is there an ABS sticker on the fender.

That little of miles for that old of a bike would concern me a bit.....price seems high to me as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything he said. Except I didn't know the name for "caliper pots." hee hee hee. He said "caliper pots."

Most of all, the last sentence. Maybe they think it actually IS a BMW.

Contacted the dealer with the correction. Nice bike, and similarly priced to what I bought mine for in 2010...too much for 2016, in spite of low miles. I figure any dealer is going to negotiate price a bit, and they need to start somewhere. Low miles on a 2005 should not be a problem other than the fuel system. Since this vintage had a few (rare) tickers that did not show up until 20K miles that is another thing to be aware of.

Wherever you want to put the thread Iggy. Since I'm not selling anything here, couldn't convince myself to put it in the FS forum.

Compared to what I saw for pricing of 04-05-06 bikes on DFW craigslist, it actually looks pretty competitive. That said, a bike that has been ridden might - might - be up to date on fresh tires, fluid changes, etc., whereas I expect this bike has had none of the routine maintenance items addressed and probably has 10 year old rubber.

I posted mainly because we still have some Gen I zealots out there, and this is likely to be a nice example for someone that just has to have one.

Last edited by a moderator: