Suches area (60-180-129) June 15

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EODSarge

Reaction score
Finally got a weekend to myself and no commitments to ride with cruiser-owning co-owners, so I took the feej and the camera up to the Suches area. Ya'll were right about the tar snakes between Stonepile Gap and Woody's Gap... I haven't felt my rear end that squirmy since I got drunk and passed out behind a gay bar. :blink: I stopped at the first hairpin curve on Wolf Pen and again at the store at Neel's Gap for pics.

This guy gave me a bit of a scare... first I see the foot go down, then hear screeching tires... I was rolling for cover shortly after the second shot.

suches_061508-2.jpg

suches_061508.jpg

Different guy, no foot:

suches_061508-5.jpg

Several FJRs... any from the forum? A silver:

suches_061508-3.jpg

suches_061508-4.jpg

A black cherry, loaded down:

suches_061508-6.jpg

suches_061508-7.jpg

Raven black:

suches_061508-8.jpg

Another black cherry:

suches_061508-14.jpg

suches_061508-16.jpg

suches_061508-15.jpg

Cruisers and NOGATT:

suches_061508-9.jpg

suches_061508-11.jpg

suches_061508-20.jpg

Trikes:

suches_061508-10.jpg

Sidecars:

suches_061508-13.jpg

Uhhh... looks like long-johns...

suches_061508-12.jpg

Another foot-dragger?

suches_061508-17.jpg

And vipers:

suches_061508-19.jpg

Great shots!

Look at the difference in the head turn between the Busa rider and the Honda rider.

Go where you look and look where you go!

I'm amazed you got so many Feejer riders out and about.

I'll nominate you for official photographer in charge!

Nice!! I'll be down at the Gap this Friday and borrowing a buddies Vmax for the day!! :D

Wow, that guy has NO business on a Busa, or anything but the training bikes at a basic rider skill school.

Nice pics... I'm with gasport, you're the new group photog!

I took about 250 pics and had maybe 130 or so keepers... I had five people stop and ask if they could buy their picture, and, of course, had no cards or anything on me. I think I'll set up a web gallery for folks who want copies of them- free pics to forum members, of course! Had one guy stop and want to know what I was doing; but after some tense conversation he realized I wasn't there to do another "speeding bikers are killing our kids!" story for the news. Another guy suggested I set up further down 129 "at that turn Killboy shoots at". I didn't have the heart to tell him we weren't at Deal's Gap.

Re: the first pic- brand new jacket, matching helmet and pristine 'Busa... I think he just bought that bike and doesn't have a lot of experience. He did make me decide to change shooting locations slightly; as if he had dropped it, he would have slid right into me. I can't say too much, I was misjudging a lot of curves that day; I think the squirmy tar snakes ruined my confidence.

Re: long johns... now, I've been so horny the crack of dawn ain't safe, but I don't think I've been that bad.

Although those look like false teeth... Hmm....

Last edited by a moderator:
Busa - Nice way to break a leg. :blink:

Great Pics!

All of the pictures are now in this (rather ugly at the moment) album... all 217 of them. I had a discount code for Forum members, but the gallery software apparently can't figure out what to do with a 100% discount. So, if there's a pic there you want full-size and without the watermark, let me know which one, an email address to send it to, and that you're a forum member and I'll email it to you. Whenever I get the 100% discount for forum members to work correctly, you'll be able to download for free with a discount code.

Great pix. I was thoroughly enjoying them until I got to "another black cherry" and realized, hey, that's me! Thanks for posting them. Sorry I didn't wave, but I was concentratin'!

Glad you enjoyed them! I got rained on with no pics last weekend, but I plan on being out there this weekend.