Sun. N.GA ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wellsj

Reaction score
Took a short ride on Sunday up into the mountains of North Georgia just to get out of the house.My ride in the porker run on Saturday was so nice I just had to go back!

I left the house and headed up GA400 to the end, took Longbranch Rd. up to 52 and left into Dahlonega. Rode North up 19 to Turners Corner then up 129 over Blood Mountain.

Stopped at Neels Gap to get rid of the morning coffee.

Sunride001.jpg

Neels Gap Lodge

Headed down the mountain to 180. 180 was a terrible ride today as there was some bicycle event going on and they obviously don't read the signs that tell them to ride single file.

Got to 180 and 60 and went North up 60 and stopped for a picture at Coopers Creek and stretch a little.

Sunride004.jpg

Sunride006.jpg

Coopers Creek

Headed up 60 to Morgantown and down through Blue Ridge to Ellijay and back towards the house via 52 and 136

All in all it was a short trip but it beats the hell out of staying home and doing household chores for the wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting, you took some nice fall pictures there. A bit more color than I saw on my ride Sat. here in Texas.

~Mark

Looks like a good day out riding Jim. I was going to take my son out for a ride, after riding around for 40 minutes looking for fuel we gave up and went for some ice cream and went back home. We were 26 miles into reserve when we pulled back into the garage. Maybe next week? :angry:

JW

Looks like a good day out riding Jim. I was going to take my son out for a ride, after riding around for 40 minutes looking for fuel we gave up and went for some ice cream and went back home. We were 26 miles into reserve when we pulled back into the garage. Maybe next week? :angry:
JW
I was thinking about going riding this Thursday, but I'm afraid to use what gas I have left in the bike. This is getting really old!!! :angry2:

Last edited by a moderator:
JW
Thanks for the report & I'm looking forward to trying out some of your roads in a couple weeks.

I haven't been paying much attention to your fuel shortages in the south, are things going to be back to normal before the 10th?

:dntknw:

I think you mean Neels Gap...my favorite run is from Turners Corner to there. Thinking about riding up for the N. Ga. get-together if the gas situation improves.
You are correct, I was in a hurry.

Not sure if the gas situation will be resolved in a couple of weeks although I did see limited gas in Dahlonega and all over the Blue Ridge area

JW
Thanks for the report & I'm looking forward to trying out some of your roads in a couple weeks.

I haven't been paying much attention to your fuel shortages in the south, are things going to be back to normal before the 10th?

:dntknw:
We should be fine, the reports are that by this weekend we should see some relief. It's getting better, It only took me 35 minutes to fill up my car tonight... ;)

JW

I had to ride to Woodstock, GA from TN this morning. I was on reserve coming back before I got to the TN line. I thought I would be camping out for the night, but found a gas station that had lines, but they had gas...whew.