Super Tenere hand guards on FJR ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not aware of anyone trying it yet...

Just went out and took a look. Tenere brackets use mirror perches for the upper and lever pivot for lower mount(s). Measurements say it'll be close using the OEM Tenere brackets on the LH side along with the blank mirror hole. RH side is close too, but there isn't a blank mirror hole for the upper mount point.

I can snap some pics if needed.

--G

Not aware of anyone trying it yet...
Just went out and took a look. Tenere brackets use mirror perches for the upper and lever pivot for lower mount(s). Measurements say it'll be close using the OEM Tenere brackets on the LH side along with the blank mirror hole. RH side is close too, but there isn't a blank mirror hole for the upper mount point.

I can snap some pics if needed.

--G
If you can provide a couple of pics that would help.... I did a Google search but the photos are from bad angles or too far away.

Appreciate it...

I bought some Chinese nock offs for less than $30.00 bucks. There is a thread and a link somewhere here on how to purchase.

Dave

If you can provide a couple of pics that would help.... I did a Google search but the photos are from bad angles or too far away.
Appreciate it...
Cleaning and lubing levers today...perfect timing.

LH side with hand guard loosened, looking at mount.

Sten%20HG%201_zpsijzffxeh.jpg

Hand guard installed again.

STen%20HG%203_zpscj14ul2u.jpg

RH side

STen%20HG%202_zpsaog0vhpy.jpg

Hope these help!

--G

Great shots !! With measurements included.... :) I'll do some measuring tomorrow.

Thank you for taking the time to do that.