Superb Owl XLVIII - Seattle & Denver - Who Will Win

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who Will Win

• Seattle

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Denver

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • What will be the final score?

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
Best thing about the Superbowl was my hotwings. Made my eyes & nose run and lips burn, which I can say was more pain than what was inflicted by the Broncs. Congrats to the Hawks, who kicked their butts! I do believe the phrase "deer in the headlights" was coined after seeing Payton's face on the first snap as the ball sailed over his shoulder. DOH!

To quote a friend of mine:

"I spent the last two weeks hearing how the brutish Seahawks would be tamed by the quiet, laserlike genius of Peyton Manning. Apparently, that safety in the very first play some sort of 5-dimensional chess move to surprise the Seahawks into submission."

Not surprising it was a blow out. Of the 48 Superb Owl games played only 18 have been decided by a touchdown or less. The close ones are more of an anomaly for some reason.

The Seahawks were definitely on their game last night, which appeared to be way too much for the highly touted Bronco offense. Plus Seattle's offense did not look half bad. Back in the earlier days you always heard how it was defense that wins games. Seems maybe what was old is new again? It'll be interesting to see what other teams do next year with their defenses.

Also have to give some props to the officials. They stayed out of the way for the most part. If they had called it closely some of the wind could have been taken out of the Hawks defense as they did hold someone on just about every play, especially in the backfield. Personally I liked it better this way: Let the boys play.

That swell guy on the Broncos team was probably disoriented due to the lack of OMAHAs in the game plan. Denver may have got their ass whipped but that doesn't matter, their QB scored another record for himself, this time for completions. Heck, he had a good completion count throwing to both teams on the field ;)

Heck, he had a good completion count throwing to both teams on the field
wink.png
:rofl:

Super? Really?

What a major let down especially after watching one of the BEST roundball games evah! (the nite before)...

That was Syracuse vs Duke for you non sport guys. What a GAME!!!!!!

- I have 2 proud 'Cuse alumni Sisters, plus our whole dam-family bleeds Orange :)

Just saw this online:

"Use the promo code "PEYTON" when you order your next Papa John's pizza, and when it's delivered to your house a Seattle Defensive Back will steal it from you and eat it!"