Swallow Falls State Park, Western Maryland

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRPittsburgh

Rally Addict
Reaction score
Lisa, Trevor and I are headed to Swallow Falls tomorrow morning. We're planning to arrive around 10 am if anyone is interested in checking out the falls. Looks like a great day for it. Send me a message if you plan to meet up there. Last minute I know, but that's how it worked out. It will be nice to get back on the road. I should be available to ride any day next week if anyone has any ideas.
smile.png

We arrived back home from a 10 hour trip to Swallow Falls State Park in Western Maryland. Lisa and Trevor tagged along. It was Lisa's first ride of the year because it wasn't too hot and it wasn't too cold nor raining.
smile.png
All in all a good trip, but the 3 of us are ready for a nap. We took mostly back roads for 250 miles. A glorious day which included a mile hike to see the falls at the park, a visit to my brother's place at Deep Creek Lake, and a lunch at a restaurant at the lake. Big day for someone like me who sits in front of a computer or in a vehicle all day. Trevor took a few videos and will most likely post a consolidated video on YouTube. I'll provide a link when he finishes up.

No surprise that no one took me up on the offer to meet up. I posted the trip late the night before as it was a spur of the moment decision to go. I recommend a visit to the park highly. Might be a good place for a future group ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll be heading up there next week. Not on the bike, unfortunately, as we'll be dragging our pop-up to go camping at Deep Creek. We'll take a trip over to the falls to jump off the big rock into the river.

I've been wanting to hit up Deep Creek Lake for many years now. I've got a route idea to get there from the MOV, so whenever I do, I'll try to post up in advance and maybe get a few stragglers. If I'd have seen this, I'd have gone on the route to meet you there.

Trevor finished up the video he took during our visit to Swallow Falls State Park. The smaller falls toward the beginning of the video is Swallow Falls. The larger falls is Muddy Creek Falls, the tallest in Maryland, is toward the end of the video. If you ever get the opportunity to visit Swallow Falls State Park, you will be pleased with what the park has to offer. There is a beautiful walking trail which is less than a mile long that connects you to the falls. You can spend hours following the water over rocky terrain for some relaxing, breathtaking views. Enjoy the video.....

Last edited by a moderator: