swapped bikes with my brother

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyoungmo

Reaction score
Ok, it was only for a short bit, I definetly wanted my FJR back after a couple of minutes, but had not seen my little brother smile that big for a long time, so I let him ride a while! I wont knock his Heritage Softail he bought a couple of months ago, it is a very nice looking bike, decked with chrome and leather. He is the one that made the 1st move to the street, so I quickly followed.

We were out riding yesterday, the 1st time together since I got the FJR a couple of weeks ago. After an hour, we swapped. I think it took all of 5 minutes before he cracked the throttle in 3rd gear and then slowed with biggest grin, yelled over "this thing is sick". I will not go on to tell you how impressed I was with the power of the Heritage, but what the hell, it sounds cool! I am soooo glad I did not follow his advise and buy a HD, I know I would have been looking for somthing diffrent soon.

After riding each others trophys for a while, we stopped at some biker bar, were I was the only one with a Jap bike, sleeves on my shirt, and no visible tattoos. However everybody was cool, just not as cool as me and my FJR! I guess some people settle for an icon, while some of us demand really reifned, powerful machines!

After our little ride, I went to pick my son up at football practice, were all the other dads gathered around my FJR to admire its beauty, and I boast of its power! It was a good day!

It's a life style, goddamnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you guys get it yet?

I too am truly cursed with the 2 wheel disease. If it has an engine, I want to own and ride it.

Old airhead beemers, single lung 4 stroke dual sports, ultra harleys, feejers, 2 stroke 500cc mx'rs, IT IS ALL GOOD!

If I had Jay Leno's money, I would have a Vincent, several of Craig Vetter's old bikes, a Ducati or two or three, and a Stratalounger... :rolleyes:

..and the Ducati thing is starting to really pull hard..

'my daddy once told me that a second class ride beats a first class walk anytime!'

I too am truly cursed with the 2 wheel disease. If it has an engine, I want to own and ride it.
Old airhead beemers, single lung 4 stroke dual sports, ultra harleys, feejers, 2 stroke 500cc mx'rs, IT IS ALL GOOD!

If I had Jay Leno's money, I would have a Vincent, several of Craig Vetter's old bikes, a Ducati or two or three, and a Stratalounger... :rolleyes:

'my daddy once told me that a second class ride beats a first class walk anytime!'
speaking of vincent......i saw one a week ago and DAMN was it nice, it was a touring set-up or so the guy said. had a different spring under the seat and a couple of other add-ons but it truly was a piece of art

I have great memories of the '98 Heritage I owned, and the many road trips we took on it. In fact it was the first ever new vehicle purchase for me, car or bike. I'm loving my FJR now, but the H-D was fun, too.

This picture was taken during our last ride on it before selling it later that day so I could purchase my first Electra Glide.

2476224590085099602S600x600Q85.jpg

speaking of vincent......i saw one a week ago and DAMN was it nice, it was a touring set-up or so the guy said. had a different spring under the seat and a couple of other add-ons but it truly was a piece of art
I've wanted a Vincent ever since I heard this song: (oh, I would just listen to the song and not watch the video - it sounds better than it looks :) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azB7B8hrVZY

As a matter of fact, I'd take any of the 5 marques mentioned in that song.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not all HDs are slow and show..My dad has a V-Rod, it has an SE air filter, SE air box mod, SE pipes, and a programmer. Its the only cruiser that I have been on, that if wack it open in first, it will lift the tire (which is really weird on a cruiser), and it moves..It would do a good job keeping up with my former FZ1 in a stright line, and it feels like it would give my FJR a run from a dead stop...yeah, it sucks in the turns though...

Sean"kawwikid"Rubin

After our little ride, I went to pick my son up at football practice, were all the other dads gathered around my FJR to admire its beauty, and I boast of its power! It was a good day!
I picked up my high school daughter from school on my FRJ........she now is ultra-cool.......problem is now the boys want to hang out in my garage. :D (Which, as a father, I prefer. ;) )

Hey Deer Slayer ---- Well said I agree - as you know I am a defender to the Harley Bashers --- BUT

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

IMG_1001.jpg

I came real close to bringing it to FatCats BUT - stayed the night in Ojai at a buddies house and had to carry some gear, get it bro - GET IT

Ok, it was only for a short bit, I definetly wanted my FJR back after a couple of minutes, but had not seen my little brother smile that big for a long time, so I let him ride a while! I wont knock his Heritage Softail he bought a couple of months ago, it is a very nice looking bike, decked with chrome and leather. He is the one that made the 1st move to the street, so I quickly followed.
We were out riding yesterday, the 1st time together since I got the FJR a couple of weeks ago. After an hour, we swapped. I think it took all of 5 minutes before he cracked the throttle in 3rd gear and then slowed with biggest grin, yelled over "this thing is sick". I will not go on to tell you how impressed I was with the power of the Heritage, but what the hell, it sounds cool! I am soooo glad I did not follow his advise and buy a HD, I know I would have been looking for somthing diffrent soon.

After riding each others trophys for a while, we stopped at some biker bar, were I was the only one with a Jap bike, sleeves on my shirt, and no visible tattoos. However everybody was cool, just not as cool as me and my FJR! I guess some people settle for an icon, while some of us demand really reifned, powerful machines!

My brother has a 04 Heritage Softtail Custom as well. It's funny to see people here complain about the vibration of the FJR and to know that thousands of Harley riders would laugh that off.

He has a bunch that he, rides with and they have never gave me a hard time about my "crotch rocket (as they call it)", nor my ATGATT. I stick out like a sore thumb riding with them, but they are a fun bunch.

I love these kind of threads where one doesn't know if to bash or not. And dang it Don you stole my opinion. Give me two wheels with a motor, (keep the scooter and moped pics to yourself although I would ride it), and I'm happy. I am torn between the HD and the FJR as I still have both. But hey the best of both worlds and I get to use them both in ministry and have fun too. Life is good. PM. <>< :yahoo:

I have one of each and can speak for the "smile." I’m keeping the Heritage for father son rides the first of which this weekend. My first and second street bikes, short the '74 Yamaha 100 Enduro, were Harleys. I have no regrets riding and owning a Harley. I have meet some awesome people many of whom are now putting up with the FJR. I have no tattoos, have hung out for over 15 years with one of the meanest (teddy bear) looking bikers you have ever seen, his name is Kong (appropriate trust me)! Its all about riding and finding the machine to fit your ego. I'll stop for any biker in need! Just ride.

Off subject but Damn! That Duc 1098 is a work of art! I'd love to try one someday. :p

Red DUC 1098 has to be one of the best looking bikes out there. Wish Momma Yama would paint a FJR that color. :dribble:

I just sold my 110hp Road King and can not wait for my 08 FJR. I saw a lot of this country on that Harley and loved it dearly, but the way I ride changed. Will I be the only heavily tattoed FJR rider out there?

Yea i was almost there the H-D electra glide 05 or the 05 fjr and after 500 miles in the seat in the florida hot sun and 6k more the fjr won . Now if i had 19k sitting around the h-d would be in the stable to .

Hey, I am sorry if some of you think I was bashing HD, but if you reread my post, I was not. I was however bragging on my recent purchased FJR.. And why wouldnt I? I am sooooo proud of my new used rocket with bags. If I was loaded, I would have one of everything. I went and looked at vrods, but after an email I got from a guy who sold his because he said it had poor handling, but awsome straightline performance, I made my final decision. I have friends and family with HD bikes, I think they are beautiful, I love chrome! However, I love power/handling and dependablity even more! As Jason Britton says, it does not matter what you ride, as long as you ride! I have a Kawasaki 650 4x4 v-twin atv, Suzuki 650 single cyl dual sport, and now my FJR, I love to ride them all!