Tank Bags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently being talked about here besides many other times. You consider searching first to see the times discussed previously?

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought this one a couple of months ago - like the fact that it doesn't rest/rub on the tank: Givi 3D603

Not too big, holds all the necessary stuff for quick access and no problems (so far) w/ honking the horn if the bars are turned full lock.

Watching as I just started looking for my first ring-mounted tankbag also. Would like to get power inside it though and that Givi doesn't provide for that.

Just ordered the 3D603, hopefully won't regret not getting a bigger one. The price wasn't much different.

I know you can never have to much storage, but I'm mainly looking for a place to throw a baseball hat and drink. I always seem to forget to put my hat in the saddlebag until after the bikes started.

The 3D603 is 10.6"L x 9.4"W x 7"H.

The 3D604 is 13.4"L x 9.8"W x 9.4" > 11.8"H

The 3D604 only 2.8" longer, .4" wider and 2.4" taller. I'll probably never extend it up. I usually put a Camelbak in the bottom of my tank bag and then hat, camera, sunglasses, phone, etc on top of that.

I use the 3D603 a lot of the time. Particularly when it's cold or when traveling with the wife, which means space is at a premium. I would probably use it all the time, but it contacts the bars at full lock (because I have a helibridge installed). That only happens when you're paddling the bike . If the bike is in motion the bars never touch the bag, even during a U turn.

Not sure which model this actually is... but here's a couple of pics.

AE68F272-7DEF-4B1F-8635-933A761FC766_zpstdjun1ec.jpg

EEDDAF00-2B88-4378-8F06-1D7A15D08A00_zps0xx2wt0n.jpg

Edit: Might be an older version of Givi XS307 Tanklock Tankbag

Not sure which model this actually is... but here's a couple of pics.
Any interference with the bars?
Touches at full lock... I have never had any interference when riding whatsoever. It's a really great bag. Not too big, not too small, just right. For me anyway. and I just LOVE the tanklock experience. So easy and smooth... no more scrapes or awkwardness trying to get magnets off to refuel.