Test rode 2014 RT - nice, but.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the risk of stating the obvious: There's a reason why every time the Germans go to war they get their faces stomped.
Stomp? jes' sayin' and nuff said, Banzai!

[img=[URL="https://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc198/beemerdons/June%202014/MissouriFlyover1.jpg%5D"]https://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc198/beemerdons/June%202014/MissouriFlyover1.jpg][/URL]
Indeed.All of those Yamahas, Hondas, Kawasakis, etc., & BMWs cannot compete with, umm, ……………….Harley Davidson?
biggrin.png
Easy there Airman O'Keeffe, your Irish Uncle Papa Chuy Viejo is close to pulling the trigger on this H-D! JSNS!

[img=[URL="https://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc198/beemerdons/June%202014/HarleyVRSCRStreetRod1.jpg%5D"]https://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc198/beemerdons/June%202014/HarleyVRSCRStreetRod1.jpg][/URL]
I'm confused, why would anyone want a discontinued HD (that is the Street Rod isn't it) set up for touring when they already have BMW's Sport-Touring flagship, the K1600GT sitting in their garage?
Dun gotta have sumpin to ride while the Bring Mor Wallet's in the shop!
lol.gif

Deliverance music playing....

Creative Banjoboy! I never heard that before! ...well maybe I did?, but with better grammar
wink.png

SE%20Ohio%20Day%202-3-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ionbeam and RadioHowie, get off of that Gay Carnival Cruise and get Real: The five gallon tank is under the seat, just like the four gallon tank is under the seat of my BMW F800GS. I rented this VRSCR Street Rod in June of 2007 for a week from Harley-Davidson of Baltimore and put 2,500 miles on it, I flew into Maryland and stayed at a ski resort in Bayse, West Virginia. Every day I would go out on long day rides to Blue Ridge Parkway, Cherohala Skyway, Gettysburg, Amish Country, Monticello and many other fantastic historical locations in Virginia and Pennsylvania.
Wankers! This machine weighs less than our FJR's at 600 lbs., had good power at 115 hp, handles well, great Brembo brakes and the smoothest transmission on any motorcycle I've ever ridden. You two dorks are aware aren't you, the engine/tranny were engineered and developed by Porsche AG! If I seal the deal, I'll do burnouts on RH's front yard and knock his pink flamingos over! jes' sayin' and nuff said, ese!
Don't let em' aggravate you Don. I had a V-Rod and as far as build quality and reliability it was fully the equal of anything out there.

ionbeam and RadioHowie, get off of that Gay Carnival Cruise and get Real: The five gallon tank is under the seat, just like the four gallon tank is under the seat of my BMW F800GS. I rented this VRSCR Street Rod in June of 2007 for a week from Harley-Davidson of Baltimore and put 2,500 miles on it, I flew into Maryland and stayed at a ski resort in Bayse, West Virginia. Every day I would go out on long day rides to Blue Ridge Parkway, Cherohala Skyway, Gettysburg, Amish Country, Monticello and many other fantastic historical locations in Virginia and Pennsylvania.
Wankers! This machine weighs less than our FJR's at 600 lbs., had good power at 115 hp, handles well, great Brembo brakes and the smoothest transmission on any motorcycle I've ever ridden. You two dorks are aware aren't you, the engine/tranny were engineered and developed by Porsche AG! If I seal the deal, I'll do burnouts on RH's front yard and knock his pink flamingos over! jes' sayin' and nuff said, ese!
Don't let em' aggravate you Don. I had a V-Rod and as far as build quality and reliability it was fully the equal of anything out there.
No worries AKjitsu, Alan and Steve are like hemorrhoids; you just live with them, after a while you forget that they're even there! jes' sayin' and nuff said, ese!

I'm happy for your likings. And I'm very real and ride both machines. Sorry you took it as a paint shaker, more so buzz buzz buzz goes the bumble bee. I like the FJR a lot! It is what it is and at that inexpensive $16-17K pricepoint, you have to take it for what it is. And that is an excellent bike, but again, for that PP.

This is ironic (to me anyway). I'm on a Corvette forum as well. When a (once dedicated) Corvette member goes out and buys a Ferrari (ie) he/she will get all kinds of flack/jealousy the exact same as this (it's almost verbatim) ... "oh, the Vette is better and not way overpriced like your Testerosa" -- "Maintenance or parts on your Ferrari will kill you" etc. SAME EXACT SHIT! Funny as hell.

It's TOTALLY CLEAR to me here that (some not all) people only like what they got. Well I got both, I like both, one is just a step up.

When I first joined this forum some members knew I had a AE. "Oh POS AE's!, throw them in the pile with all the other junk" and more... Then it was "Gen2, what a POS they are!". This all came from ignorant narrow minded people with the mentality "mine is the best, everything else is crap". So if you want to get Real?? Yeah right! This place is BS Central. Period.

Ride what you want.
KJ, the problem here is that even if you don't mean to do it, you keep telling us on the FJR forum that our bikes are second best. You are telling a large group of passionate FJR owners that their bike is okay but if they could just afford a BMW they would be happier. You make it sound as though we are either too broke or too ignorant to understand the greatness of the BMW. What you are basically doing is insulting the bike that most of us love on our own forum. I remind you that this is the FJRforum.

I am all for riding what you want. I am all for spending money to buy happiness. I have ridden the BMW R1200RT and liked it a lot. I guess I am in the minority but I would much prefer the "tractor" Boxer twin to the big six of the K1600. I could really care less whether you ride a BMW, a Moto-Guzzi, or a Harley. I just don't want to hear about the superiority of your BMW on the FJR forum.

Take a lesson from beemerdons, he loves all things motorcycle and does not seem to discriminate based on price or brand. When he writes about his beautiful K1600, he makes us happy with his happiness. We cannot help but be happy for him.

I finish with this thought. You insult our choice in motorcycles. You don't like our admins. Now you accuse us of being narrow minded. I am confused as to why you even bother to grace us with your wonderfulness if we are "BS Central".

I hope you give some thought to this. You used to be very entertaining. I wish we could get back to that.

You're all wrong. All of you.

The real deal, the king slayer, the bike of all sport touring bikes, is not the BMW. Not the FJR. Not the Kawasaki.

Motoguzzi Norge. That's where it's at.

Look it up.

Amateurs.....

Warpdrv, rather than waffling over whether to get a K1600, why not just buy a new candy red FJR1300ES. You will get essentially all the attributes of the BMW at less $$'s, cheaper insurance, lower cost for gas (regular gas), and no harassment form members of this forum. Seems like a no brainer to me!!!
Well this is an easy one, forget the 50 other options that the K16 has over on the plain jane (but very dependable!) 2014 FJR....

VIBRATION!

...or lack of! None, zero, any speed, anywhere. Smooth as glass. Oh I'm glad the cruise got the castration lifted but BMW never had one at any speed, and that includes even 140 or 15 mph!

If Yamaha redesigns the antiquated 1298cc powerplant, counterbalances or isolates the engine I will add one back into my collection. But not until then. Yes, I'm spoiled, so be it.
Get real, you act like the FJR is a paint can shaker Harley Davidson!!

My 2008 is pretty smooth, just SLIGHT high frequency vibes at some RPM's but NOTHING that causes any problems like hands going numb like I've had with OTHER Japanese inline 4's.

If I wanted to ride a sewing machine maybe then I'd get a BMW, I LIKE to feel the motor a little, but again it's nothing excessive like your large VIBRATION implies.

Redesign the 1298?? Why so they can add 2 or 3 grand to the price like a BMW??

There's nothing wrong with the 1298 now, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!
This is ironic (to me anyway). I'm on a Corvette forum as well. When a (once dedicated) Corvette member goes out and buys a Ferrari (ie) he/she will get all kinds of flack/jealousy the exact same as this (it's almost verbatim) ... "oh, the Vette is better and not way overpriced like your Testerosa" -- "Maintenance or parts on your Ferrari will kill you" etc. SAME EXACT SHIT! Funny as hell.

When I first joined this forum some members knew I had a AE. "Oh POS AE's!, throw them in the pile with all the other junk" and more... Then it was "Gen2, what a POS they are!". This all came from ignorant narrow minded people with the mentality "mine is the best, everything else is crap".
Well I took it as a "paint shaker" because you had a HUGE "VIBRATION" word there.

I think most of that "POS" talk is just messing around and not serious.

The "Ferrari" stuff may be "funny as Hell" but it's true!!

Italian and German stuff is more expensive and more maint intensive and for the most part LESS reliable.

Warpdrv, rather than waffling over whether to get a K1600, why not just buy a new candy red FJR1300ES. You will get essentially all the attributes of the BMW at less $$'s, cheaper insurance, lower cost for gas (regular gas), and no harassment form members of this forum. Seems like a no brainer to me!!!
Well this is an easy one, forget the 50 other options that the K16 has over on the plain jane (but very dependable!) 2014 FJR....

VIBRATION!

...or lack of! None, zero, any speed, anywhere. Smooth as glass. Oh I'm glad the cruise got the castration lifted but BMW never had one at any speed, and that includes even 140 or 15 mph!

If Yamaha redesigns the antiquated 1298cc powerplant, counterbalances or isolates the engine I will add one back into my collection. But not until then. Yes, I'm spoiled, so be it.
Get real, you act like the FJR is a paint can shaker Harley Davidson!!

My 2008 is pretty smooth, just SLIGHT high frequency vibes at some RPM's but NOTHING that causes any problems like hands going numb like I've had with OTHER Japanese inline 4's.

If I wanted to ride a sewing machine maybe then I'd get a BMW, I LIKE to feel the motor a little, but again it's nothing excessive like your large VIBRATION implies.

Redesign the 1298?? Why so they can add 2 or 3 grand to the price like a BMW??

There's nothing wrong with the 1298 now, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

When I first joined this forum some members knew I had a AE. "Oh POS AE's!, throw them in the pile with all the other junk" and more... Then it was "Gen2, what a POS they are!". This all came from ignorant narrow minded people with the mentality "mine is the best, everything else is crap".
Well I took it as a "paint shaker" because you had a HUGE "VIBRATION" word there.

I think most of that "POS" talk is just messing around and not serious.

The "Ferrari" stuff may be "funny as Hell" but it's true!!

Italian and German stuff is more expensive and more maint intensive and for the most part LESS reliable.
...not to mention, the Ferrari Testarossa mentioned, while the subject of many teen-age dreams and wall posters, was a complete and total POS, both in reliability and driving experience. It was a big hit on "Miami Vice" though.

Oh, Hudson, here's your Norge...

norge_washer.jpg

I'm happy for your likings. And I'm very real and ride both machines. Sorry you took it as a paint shaker, more so buzz buzz buzz goes the bumble bee. I like the FJR a lot! It is what it is and at that inexpensive $16-17K pricepoint, you have to take it for what it is. And that is an excellent bike, but again, for that PP.

It's TOTALLY CLEAR to me here that (some not all) people only like what they got. Well I got both, I like both, one is just a step up.

When I first joined this forum some members knew I had a AE. "Oh POS AE's!, throw them in the pile with all the other junk" and more... Then it was "Gen2, what a POS they are!". This all came from ignorant narrow minded people with the mentality "mine is the best, everything else is crap". So if you want to get Real?? Yeah right! This place is BS Central. Period.

Ride what you want.
KJ, the problem here is that even if you don't mean to do it, you keep telling us on the FJR forum that our bikes are second best. You are telling a large group of passionate FJR owners that their bike is okay but if they could just afford a BMW they would be happier. You make it sound as though we are either too broke or too ignorant to understand the greatness of the BMW. What you are basically doing is insulting the bike that most of us love on our own forum. I remind you that this is the FJRforum.

I am all for riding what you want. I am all for spending money to buy happiness. I have ridden the BMW R1200RT and liked it a lot. I guess I am in the minority but I would much prefer the "tractor" Boxer twin to the big six of the K1600. I could really care less whether you ride a BMW, a Moto-Guzzi, or a Harley. I just don't want to hear about the superiority of your BMW on the FJR forum.

Take a lesson from beemerdons, he loves all things motorcycle and does not seem to discriminate based on price or brand. When he writes about his beautiful K1600, he makes us happy with his happiness. We cannot help but be happy for him.

I finish with this thought. You insult our choice in motorcycles. You don't like our admins. Now you accuse us of being narrow minded. I am confused as to why you even bother to grace us with your wonderfulness if we are "BS Central".

I hope you give some thought to this. You used to be very entertaining. I wish we could get back to that.
I think the FJR is a very good bike, never said it wasn't anywhere, anytime or place. Now other people here have told me my Gen2 or AE was a POS but that's OK I guess. There are better bikes, some may say it is Norge^ but basically it's what fits that person and I'm good that someone likes another make or model.

I basically see your firing back at me as I did to you about kissing the Forums Mods asses. If this is what you got and feel, so be it. We both are good.

I think the FJR is a very good bike, never said it wasn't anywhere, anytime or place. Now other people here have told me my Gen2 or AE was a POS but that's OK I guess. There are better bikes, some may say it is Norge^ but basically it's what fits that person and I'm good that someone likes another make or model.

I basically see your firing back at me as I did to you about kissing the Forums Mods asses. If this is what you got and feel, so be it. We both are good.
I urge you to go back and read this thread again. I urge you to read my previous post more carefully.

Throughout this thread you have repeatedly explained to us the superiority of your expensive BMW over our cheaper FJR. You are on the FJR forum. Most of us are here because we really care about the FJR.

It seems to me that lately what we get from you is a long list of the things we do wrong here. You ridicule us because we don't agree with you about your BMW. You say you are not putting down our FJRs but your posts throughout this thread say otherwise.

Your ongoing friction with the Admins is well known. They can fight their own battles, they don't need me to do so.

If you see me "firing back at you" over your comments regarding my attitude toward the Admins, you are wrong. I am firing back at you because I am sick and tired of reading how much better your BMW is than our FJR. I am sure your BMW is a great bike. We all understand you paid lots of money for it. We understand the BMW costs more. We get it. We are on the FJR FORUM!!! This is not the BMW forum. If you are upset that we are not bowing down to kiss the ground your expensive BMW rolls on, then you will just have to be upset.

I am sorry that you and I are unable to reach a common ground here. I really used to enjoy your posts. I found your irreverent sense of humor quite refreshing. I still wish we could get back to that.

I urge you to go back and read this thread again. I urge you to read my previous post more carefully.

Throughout this thread you have repeatedly explained to us the superiority of your expensive BMW over our cheaper FJR. You are on the FJR forum. Most of us are here because we really care about the FJR.

It seems to me that lately what we get from you is a long list of the things we do wrong here. You ridicule us because we don't agree with you about your BMW. You say you are not putting down our FJRs but your posts throughout this thread say otherwise.

Your ongoing friction with the Admins is well known. They can fight their own battles, they don't need me to do so.

If you see me "firing back at you" over your comments regarding my attitude toward the Admins, you are wrong. I am firing back at you because I am sick and tired of reading how much better your BMW is than our FJR. I am sure your BMW is a great bike. We all understand you paid lots of money for it. We understand the BMW costs more. We get it. We are on the FJR FORUM!!! This is not the BMW forum. If you are upset that we are not bowing down to kiss the ground your expensive BMW rolls on, then you will just have to be upset.

I am sorry that you and I are unable to reach a common ground here. I really used to enjoy your posts. I found your irreverent sense of humor quite refreshing. I still wish we could get back to that.
Also, they're pretty sensitive on one of the major BMW forums.

If Top Speed was talking about the FJR on their forum like he talks about BMW's here they might BAN him.

Not implying he should be banned but it's true, I know people who have gone on their site and talked about problems they've had with their BMW's, the problems were denied and when they persisted they were BANNED.

This has been quite amusing to say the least. Nobody has ever been banned on one of my forums for speaking the truth; BMW, MOA, Duramax Diesel, Corvette, Volt or some other misc Forums that I frequent. The last I checked, this thread was about a BMW model. I have never shit on somebodies thread about their shiny new red FJR nor would I.

I'm sorry if my findings and posts offended anyone. All I spoke from was only the truth and sometimes that's hard to swallow especially when you have an investment on the other side of the story. My findings come clearly from owning and riding both bikes. The vibration and anything else I posted was all non-fiction. I've always said in fairness, that it's not apples to apples because of the price difference. It should be left at that.

Ride what you want
smile.png

This has been quite amusing to say the least. Nobody has ever been banned on one of my forums for speaking the truth; BMW, MOA, Duramax Diesel, Corvette, Volt or some other misc Forums that I frequent. The last I checked, this thread was about a BMW model. I have never shit on somebodies thread about their shiny new red FJR nor would I.
I'm sorry if my findings and posts offended anyone. All I spoke from was only the truth and sometimes that's hard to swallow especially when you have an investment on the other side of the story. My findings come clearly from owning and riding both bikes. The vibration and anything else I posted was all non-fiction. I've always said in fairness, that it's not apples to apples because of the price difference. It should be left at that.

Ride what you want
smile.png
Extremely well spoken and so totally accurate KJ, Old Michael and Papa Chuy just want more photos of "hot" Debbie por favor! jes' sayin' and nuff said, ese!

Let me step in here and point out this isn't a debate forum over my bike is better than yours (any more than my PC is better than your Mac to draw a fine point of comparison about how far away from the reason this forum exists that this thread has drifted).

If you like your bike. Great. We're all happy for anyone who rides and is happy about riding.

This has become too close to a never-ending head butt over someone who likes their BMW and is determined to counter every minute point that someone brings up about the FJR and then other members feeling obligated to defend their FJR (in their own forum).

Don't open this can of worms again in other threads. Don't re-open the same thread.

Posts about test rides on different bikes are great. More information makes a better educated consumer. Keep the tone to that and no one will have a problem with it.

LOCKED.

Status
Not open for further replies.