Thank You

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kansas transit

Reaction score
6:00 pm just got home, what a great time. Thanks to jackson and devonator for putting on a great get together, Thanks to MKO for letting me tag along on the way up and back. Thanks to Erik and john for sharing a great ride with them and showing us around. And a big thanks to all of the great people there that made a newbie feel at home. Hope everyone gets home safe. Can't wait to do it again. Stan

Same goes here had a great time. Got to Sioux Falls by 5:30 to rescue one driver who ran out of fuel @ the shop, go figure. Back to the grind stone, looking forward to next year already.

Thanks

Dale

Thanks for a great time. Made it to Rockford by just after 6:00. 900 miles in almost exactly 13 hours. The Mt. Rushmore tour was the highlight, though the roads were nothing short of fabulous. The F*@%ing crosswinds during the ride out and home were HORRIBLE.

Stan, Mike, I just got home too. John and I were happy to share our knowledge of some of the great roads in the area. I'm glad you had a good time.

Jackson and Devonator, thank you for putting together such a great weekend. I can't wait to come back and do it again. On the way home John told me that he'd like to come back next year too!

Erik

The F*@%ing crosswinds during the ride out and home were HORRIBLE.
Made it home also about 8:30PM. The winds WERE HORRIBLE. I'm sorry to say that right before Sioux Falls, my boy had a meltdown. It was tough on him. Had to take a little longer breaks for him. I felt pretty bad. But he said he had a great time. I'll post pics in the next day or two. Glad to help out everybody. I'm with everybody else, can't wait for next year.

devanator

I rolled home at 7:15. Back through the Badlands with 07SDFJR and that was great!

CROSSWINDSUCK!

A HUGE THANK YOU to Jackson and Devanator! A lot of effort and a great pay-off. I thought everything went very well!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
6:00 pm just got home, what a great time. Thanks to jackson and devonator for putting on a great get together, Thanks to MKO for letting me tag along on the way up and back. Thanks to Erik and john for sharing a great ride with them and showing us around. And a big thanks to all of the great people there that made a newbie feel at home. Hope everyone gets home safe. Can't wait to do it again. Stan
+1

I got home at 8 PM sharp. Great meet!

Thanks for a great time. Made it to Rockford by just after 6:00. 900 miles in almost exactly 13 hours. The Mt. Rushmore tour was the highlight, though the roads were nothing short of fabulous. The F*@%ing crosswinds during the ride out and home were HORRIBLE.
I saw you guys leave at 3:55 AM MST. Wow, you made great time Trgger! Did you only stop to eat once? We fought the same southerly crosswinds all the way home, but they were the worst on I-80.

I rolled in at 7:20, logging a total of just under 2200 miles of smiles. Thanks again everyone for a great time.

Jackson and Devonator you guys ROCK :clapping:

Great roads, great scenery, great sights, great weather and the tour to the top of Mt. Rushmore was absolutely off the chart :yahoo:

Gunny on the cross winds suck. When I got home last night I felt like I'd been clamped in a paint shaker for about 10 hours :blink:

Thanks for great CFO!

What Rick said. Jackson and Devanator did a fantastic job and and the folks at the Bavarian were accomocdating and tolerant (and their wireless network even worked!). Had a great time on all aspects of the trip, but have developed short-term aversions to wild turkeys and diesel pickups. I guess I was lucky to have not run afoul of the Dynamic Burro Blockade.

Saw deer on the edges of the road 5 or 6 times on our leg into Rapid City but they all stayed put. The 4AM temp was just about perfect; no fleece necessary. I tried (indavertantly) to run TriggerT and t-bug out of fuel but failed; for whatever reason their Gen2 bikes got worse mileage than my Gen1. Just something I'll keep in mind for future group riding.

Enjoyed meeting you all and look forward to the next one.

Doug

Yes, Doug (4KLESS), Dick (T-Bug), and I all made great time. We stretched our fuel (almost too far once) and T-Bug and I only stopped for a quick bit to eat at lunchtime.

I have to say that I found (find) T-Bug absolutely inspirational. When I first ran into him at breakfast on Friday morning I kind of thought he would be a slower, more conservative rider, and that my ride home with him would be well below my normal pace. WRONG!! I can say for a fact that if anything I slowed T-Bug down. That man can flat out RIDE. And he does so with obvious years of experience. During our trip back he made a few minor moves on the road that showed he has been on two wheels for a long time, and made me ask myself why I hadn't thought to do that.

Something to think about, but did anyone else notice that the two people who came the furthest were also the most senior? And for those of you who weren't there, I believe T-Bug made the trip from Pennsylvania in only two days. Like I said, inspirational!

On another note. I just spent 2.5 hours cleaning the bike. If you ever have a Camelback leak lemonade all over the back of your bike, and cook the lemonade on you pipes, I can tell you for a fact that oven cleaner works great to clean up the baked on mess.

Thanks again to everyone. My wife has already started to think about how we can works thing so I can make it next year. :yahoo:

Something to think about, but did anyone else notice that the two people who came the furthest were also the most senior? And for those of you who weren't there, I believe T-Bug made the trip from Pennsylvania in only two days. Like I said, inspirational!
Thanks again to everyone. My wife has already started to think about how we can works thing so I can make it next year. :yahoo:
I noticed the same thing TriggerT. Tbug and longrider were the most senior but an inspiration for those that want to rider in their late years. longrider road for a whole week on his way out to CFO then was headed back to Cali. He will have almost a two week trip. Here is a man in his 70's. (I better let him say his exact age) And he did the Mount Rushmore hike too.

And I also enjoyed watching others ride their bikes too. I like to wick it up a bit, but I also don't consider myself that experienced or as smooth as others. I think it is coming with experience. I look at kilroy and others that have ridden longer than myself and you can see the experience in the way they ride. I'm sure it will come as I ride more, but that is the enjoyable part of having these rides together.

You've got a great woman if she is trying to let you come back out. It was a pleasure riding with you and finally meeting you. Maybe we should do a dive next year while we are out their? Something to think about.

devanator

Where is there to dive in SD? I would have to look into that. Plus I am usually not to big on renting equipment. Once you have used a Poseidon regulator, nothing else will do. Still, we can think about it. :Snorkle:

Hopefully Kilroy can get that F1 engine in his bike by next year, so he can run it up to 20K RPM, and never, ever, ever, have to touch his brakes. :biggrinsmiley: