The 2nd Annual Maine Chowdah Run

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, updated:

Me and Mrs W (2)

Our son on the 'strom (1)

MEM (1) meeting us along the way somewhere on Thurs.

RossKean (1) meeting us along the way somewhere on Thurs.

Zip (1+3) meeting wife and kids at MDI

bb and Mrs dig (2)

bbdig's friends on a quiet Harley (2)

cota and Mrs 95(2)

cota95's friends (2)

blue and Mrs jag (2)

sullivan (1) Th-Fr?

Charlie Hoss (1)

snocat (1) Friday

total: 19 + 3 (on 13 bikes)

Maybes:

VanHarlan (1)

ionbeam? (1) part day on Thursday?

Charlie's VFR friend (1)

midlife (1) play hookey for the day Thursday?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish you all a good weekend.

Although I hate it, I'm taking the car down to West Kill, NY. It's a family duty call and being rained on for nine hours so I can attend a memorial service is not my idea of a good time.

Just remember, if it gets to be too wet, consuming vast amounts of cholesterol will make you feel better.

Dan

Fred, Friends,

I've been watching the weather all week, and I'm afraid to say that I'm not going to make the trip. I'm certainly going to miss catching up with all of you before moving out west in July, but the rain, although spotty, has me concerned. I haven't been riding much this year, and I don't feel comfortable riding on wet roads. I'm not afraid of riding while wet, but I don't dig riding on slick roads, and won't have fun if I'm simply gripped the whole time. With the pending move and all that we have going on, I especially can't afford to be hurt ride now if going down. I know you'll understand in "ride your own ride" spirit, but I will regret getting to see you all again.

Still hoping to get up Mt. Washington this spring if we get a day or two of reasonable weather anywhere, so hope to catch up with a few of you for that ride.

Have a great time, and I'll cross fingers for better weather than is suggested. Ride safe, have fun,

Barry

Waiting for my kids to finish the oil change tomorrow morning. May have to forego the air filter change as none in stock locally. Bummer as I took unbolted the YCCS to get the filter out and everything is apart. Oh well. It will be running first part of the week. A fair-weather dance will be performed on Sunday. See you all soon.
Dan,

I can bring you a filter from my '05 if it will fit. Check the eom parts list at www.Bike Bandit.com It's very clean. I think I switched to a K&N at around 8,000 miles. Will sell it to ya cheap, a few beers?

Charlie

Waiting for my kids to finish the oil change tomorrow morning. May have to forego the air filter change as none in stock locally. Bummer as I took unbolted the YCCS to get the filter out and everything is apart. Oh well. It will be running first part of the week. A fair-weather dance will be performed on Sunday. See you all soon.
Dan,

I can bring you a filter from my '05 if it will fit. Check the eom parts list at www.Bike Bandit.com It's very clean. I think I switched to a K&N at around 8,000 miles. Will sell it to ya cheap, a few beers?

Charlie
Bike Bandit says it's the same one.

Dan,

Charlie
Bike Bandit says it's the same one.

Fred, Friends,

I've been watching the weather all week, and I'm afraid to say that I'm not going to make the trip. I'm certainly going to miss catching up with all of you before moving out west in July, but the rain, although spotty, has me concerned. I haven't been riding much this year, and I don't feel comfortable riding on wet roads. I'm not afraid of riding while wet, but I don't dig riding on slick roads, and won't have fun if I'm simply gripped the whole time. With the pending move and all that we have going on, I especially can't afford to be hurt ride now if going down. I know you'll understand in "ride your own ride" spirit, but I will regret getting to see you all again.

Still hoping to get up Mt. Washington this spring if we get a day or two of reasonable weather anywhere, so hope to catch up with a few of you for that ride.

Have a great time, and I'll cross fingers for better weather than is suggested. Ride safe, have fun,

Barry

Sorry to hear that Barry.

I'll be sure to make it to any attempted assault on Mt Wash before you take flight to the wrong coast.

My weekend is booked solid with Real Estate appointments . . . and I've got a new peice of waterfront property that will keep me busy most of Saturday . . . see most of you in August at NERDs in Vermont . . .

Me and Mrs W (2)

Our son on the 'strom (1)

bb and Mrs dig (2)

bbdig's friends on a quiet Harley (2)

cota and Mrs 95(2)

cota95's friends (2)

blue and Mrs jag (2)

Charlie Hoss (1)

snocat (1) Friday

MEM (1) meeting us in Freeport on Thurs.

RossKean (1) meeting us in Freeport on Thurs.

sullivan (1) Friday only

total: 18 (on 12 bikes)

Maybes:

ionbeam? (1) part day on Thursday AM?

Charlie's VFR friend (1?)

midlife (1) play hookey for the day Thursday?

It's 7 AM, waaaaaay too early for me to be up and ready to ride out in heavy rain. GF thinks I'm nuts, she may have a point! I look at it as a refresher course in wet weather riding as well as a way to test my rain gear. Might be good practice for the upcoming CFR. I hear it builds character. Should easily get to Kittery before 9:00, flood warnings and all.

Take your time Charlie. Planned start time is 10AM, and the weather will be getting better throughout the day. Throughout the weekend actually.

See you at Dunks!

It was a dark, dank, drizzling morning that didn't deter anyone. The following are the opening morning players, others are to join the ride tonight and tomorrow. I've got more pictures of all the riders in full size if anyone wants pixs of themselves.

Charlie Hoss rolls in after a stormy ride down from Maine.

Charlie.jpg

Fred W in red, going too fast and blurred the picture.

Fred.jpg

Fred2.jpg

Fred's son on dad's Man-Strom

Freddie.jpg

Friends.jpg

Cota95 George

George.jpg

bbdig Jack and Jane

IMG_0361a.jpg

QuietHarley.jpg

Mrs Cota95 Marsha

Wife.jpg

While we were gathering we saw this good looking guy drive through the parking lot. He drove well but didn't park too good.

DogDriver.jpg

IMG_0367b.jpg

IMG_0368b.jpg

I visited the gang at the motel after spending a couple of hours with son on bike trying to track the gang down during late afternoon! No rain then, just gray, gray, gray.

Will reunite in a.m. for the downeast portion of ride. I'll let others tell of the restaurant.............................

Mae's: music, flowers, china. Gang just showed up. Still foggy and damp outside. Going to pickup new copies of WWW.remained.net and WWW.ridenewhampshire.net at publisher down town.