The 2nd Annual Maine Chowdah Run

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back to RI. Thanks everyone for making this a great ride in spite of the weather. Here are a few pics.

A couple of crossing guards in training.

crossingguards.jpg

Not raining.

nice.jpg

nice1.jpg

nice3.jpg

nice4.jpg

A little foggy??

nice5.jpg

nice6.jpg

nice7.jpg

nice8.jpg

The Group shot!!

gang.jpg

My award from MEM for being slow to get ready to ride after breakfast.

turtle.jpg

My award from MEM for being slow to get ready to ride after breakfast.
turtle.jpg
Everyone pretty well toed the line after that !! :lol: (I talk a big story but I don't think anyone actually pays me any mind :p )

Great to see you and Marcia, George. I still think M needs to work on June 20-22 for CFR ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Josie, Freddie and I rolled back in at just before 3PM, safe and sound, but chilled to the bone. The ride down Rt 202 was raw!!

Had just enough time to take a shower and head off to the airport. Typing this from delayed layover in lovely Cleveland (thundersstorms).

Even with the less than stellar weather it was a great fun weekend for all 3 of us.

Having good friends along to share those foggy views and damp roads is what makes it all good.

Looking forward to seeing some more of the soggy photos. Especially the food pr0n. There was a lot of that, and it was all very good.

Quote of the weekend: This cigar is making me drunk! - MEM

PS - Alan, that ain't no "Wee" that Freddie was riding. That there's the real deal, full sized, Man-Strom.

I'm a little sad to miss the Chowder run this year. I was down south checking out some foul weather:

killboy1.png

Don't want to hijack the thread-

More info on my TN/NC run later.

Looking forward to seeing some more of the soggy photos. Especially the food pr0n. There was a lot of that, and it was all very good.
2nd-Maine-Clam-Chowdah-Ride-S.jpg

Quote of the weekend: This cigar is making me drunk! - MEM
Freddy, Freddy, Freddy - you've not heard of "what happens in Bah Habah stays in Bah Habah" ? (you FJR goobers are a bad influence on me ;) )

PS - Alan, that ain't no "Wee" that Freddie was riding. That there's the real deal, full sized, Man-Strom.

Great ride reports guys. Looks cold. I'm watching the Sox beeting the Cubs in the ninth, wishing I had some chowda. ME is pretty as always and sounds like loads of good times. Love the snail idea. LOL

Ride safe.

Holy tobacco and booze batman! I thought Maine was a real phaggy phuddy-dud place. But from the looks of this picture I'm sorry I missed this gig.

Oh, wait;

......on closer inspection it seems that it took a foreigner from another country to turn on the fun switch. And no surprise it was MEM. Hope she didn't kill all of your Indians -Oh wait, I don't think Maine has any indians(?)

thumbs-up to all who rode in that chilly wet stuff (beer).

...PS - Alan, that ain't no "Wee" that Freddie was riding. That there's the real deal, full sized, Man-Strom.
Mea culpa, fixed.

Looks like a grand time was had in spite of the weather. Guess I'm going to need to upgrade my rain gear to continue to ride this year.

Looks like a grand time was had in spite of the weather. Guess I'm going to need to upgrade my rain gear to continue to ride this year.
Alan, you're not going to need rain gear. We've all had enough rain in May to do us for the rest of the year !

Our small - but intrepid - group included a couple of turtles, a number of ducks and a Harley but there was no sign of NSRider, zip, de oppresso, bluejag* a pussy anywhere !

* Kevin, Barry, CJ & John ....yeah, the weather pretty much S.U.C.K.E.D. but the roads were great and the company excellent. You were missed but we'll be seeing y'all at NERDS. Except for Barry and we'll be seeing him in the Cali Ride Reports :D

Holy tobacco and booze batman! I thought Maine was a real phaggy phuddy-dud place. But from the looks of this picture I'm sorry I missed this gig.
Next year , RJ :D

Oh, wait;

......on closer inspection it seems that it took a foreigner from another country to turn on the fun switch. And no surprise it was MEM. Hope she didn't kill all of your Indians thumbs-up to all who rode in that chilly wet stuff (beer).
I'm a peace-loving Canuckistani. The only things that got killed this weekend were a few bottles of bourbon, vermouth, rum, beer et al and a few of Fred's stogies ...

-Oh wait, I don't think Maine has any indians(?)
Huh?! You should TRY to pronounce most of Maine's place names !! :blink:

Oooh MEM Thank's for the Canuki subtleties :huh: It's OK the JAG's knew as long as you were in attendance all would be sure to have a great time :yahoo: with plenty of TMZ headlines to follow the ride :lol: All kidding aside,it seem's we missed out on a great time!

We still :wubsmiley: luv ya! Mr's Jag will PM you shortly for the :censored: details

Oooh MEM Thank's for the Canuki subtleties :huh: It's OK the JAG's knew as long as you were in attendance all would be sure to have a great time :yahoo: with plenty of TMZ headlines to follow the ride :lol: All kidding aside,it seem's we missed out on a great time!

We still :wubsmiley: luv ya! Mr's Jag will PM you shortly for the :censored: details
:lol: you gotta show up for the :censored: details, baby ! What happens in Bah Habah stays in Bah Habah (but I repeat myself) :D

You know.....there's always CFR. Just sayin' :unsure:

And now, the final bit of business to wrap this up: I have added a poll for those who attended.

I'm partial to the first place that we stopped, Maine Diner. It is just thick enough, and completely delicious.

PS - For CJ, I didn't think that Alisson's chowder was bad at all when we were there. It was not too salty, and was the runner up for me.

Sounds like it was a good time, despite the crummy weather. My car ride back and forth to West Kill was in constant rain also. There were times when I had to turn the heater on to keep the windshield defogged. Oh, the privations.

Dan

Charlie Hoss and I rode up to his place on Saturday. We spent the day Sunday doing some much-needed maintenance on my FJR - tires, fork oil and steering head. I left Charlie's around noon on Monday, took a ride up to Conway and then home. 413 miles with wind, drizzle and an average temperature of ~47 °F all day (43 ° by the time I hit Fredericton). I was cold, damp and exhausted by the time I got safely home.

Many thanks to Fred for organizing the event and to Charlie for his assistance with the bike maintenance.

Ross

And now, the final bit of business to wrap this up: I have added a poll for those who attended.

I'm partial to the first place that we stopped, Maine Diner. It is just thick enough, and completely delicious.

PS - For CJ, I didn't think that Alisson's chowder was bad at all when we were there. It was not too salty, and was the runner up for me.
Glad to hear, Fred! Looking forward to another breakfast run or two before NERDS! And, yes, you still have to pick the next stop! :lol:

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten your delegation.

But it will have to wait until at least next week (for me). Won't be flying home until mid-day this Friday.

Glad to hear, Fred! Looking forward to another breakfast run or two before NERDS! And, yes, you still have to pick the next stop! :lol:
Breakfast...breakfast, I'm always up for breakfast. Don't forget RI!