The Evil that is 13....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine October 29th....and it's winter here too......
R
Okay, I feel better now!
I don't...for fairlaner It's all the way down to 60 in CA...brrrrr
cold.gif

--G
I was thinking the same thing. Not to be disrespectfull Fairlaner but winter in Torrence, are you flipping kidding me?
rolleyes.gif
Actually i was kidding......

going to be a very nice 71 degrees today..

R

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="gixxerjasen" data-cid="1030924" data-time="1357654006"><p>

Hey, some of us have to actually wear a liner in our jacket from time to time. It makes the jacket fit all snug and stuff and is uncomfortable. Plus it's so annoying to have to close a vent or two in the helmet. Those icy little drafts will drive you nuts. Makes me almost just want to park the bike for the winter.</p></blockquote>

LOL yeah this hehe

Damn you guys!
Well I never thought I would want to replace my 08 AE so soon. The Granite gray is my favorite FJR color and they don't offer an AE version any longer, but you guys have me jacked up and I may have to claim the first 2013 FJR at my local dealer. Thinking i'll have to stop by in the morning and goad them into uncrating and assembling it up for me.

I find it hard to say, but I think you'll find a pristine 08 AE with 15K coming up for sale soon. I'm going to sorely miss that sweet AE transmission. I love shifting my other bikes but the FJR finger shifter is the cat's ass!
Stopped in today under the guise of buying an oil filter for the my son's R6. My sales guy sees me at the parts counter and says they have their first and only FJR assembled and rolled out on the floor a couple hours before i got there. He asks if I'm interested, so I say maybe, depends on how much they have to have for it. He shoots me a price I wasn't ready to say no to and now #309 is mine.

Coming for reluctant sale soon, pristine 08 AE!
Ok, I think I have a problem here. I brought my 08 FJR AE in today for the 16,000 mile service to get it ready to put up for sale. I’m filling out the service authorization when the U Motors owner sees me there.

He jokingly asks if I’m getting my break in service done for the new FJR I bought last week. I tell him ”I’m just getting my 08 serviced and ready to list for sale” and joke “unless you want to trade it for the 2012 Tenere you have in a box out back.” He says "sure", I say "how much", he shoots me a pretty good deal and I try to act cool and offer the FJR as is, without the 16,000 mile service. He accepts and I stood there dumbfounded and stammering wondering what the wife is going to say about two new bikes in two weeks.
argue.gif

After a quick call to the wife and some even quicker talking, it looks like I bought a Tenere.
rolleyes.gif
headbonk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice....and just so you now we had the coldest night in LA for 21 years on Monday nigh.....
help.gif
help.gif

R

Waaaaaaaah!!!!!

We broke 35 year old records here in Phoenix. In the past week I have ridden in temps of 21, 25, 27, 30 and 34 degrees. Freaking cold. I knew I should have put in the wiring for the heated gear.

I know your pansy ass never even took the FJR out. Pussy.

After a quick call to the wife and some even quicker talking, it looks like I bought a Tenere.
rolleyes.gif
headbonk.gif
Looks like you may soon be enjoying some new furniture, bought without your input.
coolsmiley02.gif
My boss was itching for some new computer equipment a while back. He already had a pretty impressive setup but wanted more. He said his wife had put her foot down and said if he got anything else, she was getting a new China cabinet.

A few days later I spotted him at the computer store with his wife. I said "Hey Jim, what color is the new China cabinet?"

I got a very curt "Eff you!" from him.
biggrin.png

I got to page 7 of this thread and couldn't stand it any longer (in a good way, tho). I haven't read yet (didn't find anything in a quick search, either) if.... The Fly By Wire thottle takes less pressure to twist than the other generations? Ajdustable?

OK, now I'm gonna dig back to find page 8 and continue reading. So far, it's reading like it may be time to go back to a new bike WITH a clutch handle! I think I remember how to work that left hand.... maybe...

I got to page 7 of this thread and couldn't stand it any longer (in a good way, tho). I haven't read yet (didn't find anything in a quick search, either) if.... The Fly By Wire thottle takes less pressure to twist than the other generations? Ajdustable?
OK, now I'm gonna dig back to find page 8 and continue reading. So far, it's reading like it may be time to go back to a new bike WITH a clutch handle! I think I remember how to work that left hand.... maybe...
I dont think its adjustable, but not sure. Nothing in the owners manual suggests it is. It definitely takes less force to twist. Feels pretty good.

rolleyes.gif
headbonk.gif
Looks like you may soon be enjoying some new furniture, bought without your input.
coolsmiley02.gif
My boss was itching for some new computer equipment a while back. He already had a pretty impressive setup but wanted more. He said his wife had put her foot down and said if he got anything else, she was getting a new China cabinet.

A few days later I spotted him at the computer store with his wife. I said "Hey Jim, what color is the new China cabinet?"

I got a very curt "Eff you!" from him.
biggrin.png
Yes 20valves and Gixxerjasen I may have to pay. We had our 25th anniversary last June and she wanted a ring. I convinced her it wasn’t in the cards since we were in the process of flipping a house. Now that the house is sold and I’ve just purchased a Ducati, a FJR and a Tenere this winter I’m afraid I’m out of excuses.

I dont think its adjustable, but not sure. Nothing in the owners manual suggests it is. It definitely takes less force to twist. Feels pretty good.
It's not fly-by-wire...just really good cable routing.

Z