The FJRForum's Big List of Danger Signs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At intersections I watch wheels.

* Any vehicle sitting at a stop sign, but whose wheels are slowly rotating.

* Any cager following closely behind a truck in the oncoming lane.

It's always either A; a cager who is about to dart out for an unexpected pass, or B; a LEO using the truck as a visual shield and his finger is on the radar button.

* Anyone that spits out their window, pours out drink when they are stopped, or litters period!

Especially the litter(ers). If they lack enough respect for the environment to trash it up, they sure as hell don't care about killing me.

* Anyone that allows their young children to walk freely through a parking lot without holding their hands.

They can't possibly cherish life enough. They will back out of the parking space and right over top of you.

-- In Northern California, old pickups with Oregon plates. (I saw one stop and look both ways at the end of an on-ramp, coming onto the 101 freeway.)

-- Any driver with the make-up mirror open on the sun visor.

Anyone hugging that yellow line----on coming traffic.

All blind curves.....

paint on the road way while it has been or is raining.

deer along the road way....

any and all persons or things that are not controlled by myself, while out riding....

All parked cars and or trucks in parking lots......

Taxi's, especially when you see someone on the sidewalk waving one down.

Any vehicle in downtown Baltimore or on the JFX during rush hour, most of which also happen to have Pennsylvania plates!

Vehicles with the rear windshield obscured by stickers, or those with soft toys stacked on the rear shelf. (Usually yourng girls talking on the phone etc. or surfer type dudes smoking strange smelling tobacco).

Any vehicle seen leaving the parking lot of a bar, particularly after 10:30pm.

Small pieces of tyre tread on the roadway or shoulder usually means there is a big alligator ahead looking to bite.

Deer. (Alive or deceased doesn't matter. Where there is one, there are more).

Any vehicle that seems to be taking aim at the target I inadvertently seem to pull on at the same time as my riding jacket.

The FJRForum Big List of Danger Signs:

* Guy on a big shaft-drive Dr. Pepper colored bike that likes to lane split, pass on double yellows, and make left turns on red. May be recognized by the scratched-up Nolan helmet with a "smack my ass - I'm single" sticker and a "Warning: Driver using cellphone" t-shirt.

Thank you! Here's Paul Shaffer and the world's most dangerous band!

1. Anyone who drives well under the speed limit on a picture perfect day on a clear road (they aren't comfortable driving and are very nervous).

2. Anyone who has a back-gap, leaning very forward near the steering wheel with a huge gap between them & the back of the seat. (another indication they are not comfortable driving and are very nervous).

3. Blue hairs in general.

Don't forget about lil old grandma.

Could not agree more. Had lil old grandma go straight through on a red. 'Slammed into her cage going 45mph. Totaled the bike and broke my hand.... a month after I lost my health insurance.... :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

lil old grandma's at the top of my list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody thats in front of me deserves to be behind me. Period. Simple, succinct, non-discriminatory.

Anyone who looks like they're lost.

Living in a collage town, everyone starting 1 week before classes start till 2 months after.

Moving vehicles on fire (I've seen 3, & it always turns out bad). I'm fairly nervous about parked ones as well. Someone is or is about to get real excited and not pay attention.

The FJRForum Big List of Danger Signs
* A cell phone actively in use

* Driver is wearing a hat. The wider the brim, the greater the danger.
Hey! The Hat thing! I thought I was the only one who noticed that!

A driver wearing any kind of hat is correlated with shitty and dangerous driving.

I don't care if it is a cowboy hat, a porkpie hat, a fedora, a baseball cap, a beret or a toque--they are going to do something stupid!

My list is:

Danger signs:

* Driver wearing a hat

* Driver is a chick

* Driver is older that 65.

So an old woman wearing a hat is a motorcyclist killing machine--which correlates with my observations, and yours too.

Wearing a hat in my truck, which I rarely do, even makes me drive shitty.

We have an overabundance of Hummer's in our area... and they seem to be immune to the fact that there are other vehicles on the road... Those and any pickup truck where the suspension is so jacked up I could ride my bike underneath it and not hit my head on any hard parts...

I would rather not comment because I don't want to appear to be racist, sexists, and obesist.
What?

Too late? I already seem racist, sexist, and obesist? Well, alright then...

Fat, black women have it in for me. I don't know why, but they hate me at first site. Something about the looks of me puts that angry look in their eye.

If they've got a steering wheel in their hand, I had better look out!

<Spewing beer on puter screen over that one> Sorry to hear about your problem there. That was freakin' hilarious! Apologies for laughing at you...no, wait, I am laughing with you!

Thanks for the laugh Joe. I had what you just described almost run me off the road today.

Ride safe.

Rex