The Great White North Liberation Army Invasion Report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill, Tom and Pam..... remember the Alamo? Maybe they're all hiding out there.........

I really didn't want to subvert the mission, but I'm passing on a hint....... not that anyone down there knows what a hockey net is...........
HowtocatchaCanadian_zps42c51927.jpg

Welcome to the Command Center for the Great White North Liberation Army at the Moab RV Park......

day%206-1-L.jpg

We captured BackRoad Bob and after a short interrogation Bob gave us some ideas for a recon trip out to Chicken Corners to check out the area and do a short CBA run to get rid of the cobwebs since this would be the first ride for us since the snow started flying back home. Bob lent us his copy of the ATV quidebook and with some GPS co-ordinates we headed out...

Day%206-5-L.jpg

Tom though we could forge this ditch but I wasn't so sure.....

Day%206-15-L.jpg

This is Chicken Corners....

Day%206-11-L.jpg

It is call Chicken Corners because a chicken like Bungie would not go around this corner.

We next stopped at this spot so Tom could go behind this rock and water it to see if it would grow any bigger....

Day%206-21-L.jpg

On our return Pam said we needed to go over there....

Day%206-25-L.jpg

There being the Arches National Park. Pam forget to mention that while we were out riding she had been drinking tequila with Don, Donna, Joe, Cec and the rest of the Zonies...

Day%206-39-L.jpg

-to be continued-

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually Pam was fine, she was just sitting down to get a picture. We rugged Canadians hold tequila on par with baby formula.

We went to Arches National Park to view some amazing rock formations such as "Balanced Rock"....

Day%206-51-L.jpg

and a number of natural rock arches hence the name of the park...

Day%206-59-L.jpg

Day%206-64-L.jpg

On our return to the RV Park we witnessed the return of Patch, HotRodZilla and Big-D. Patch & Zilla told us what a wimp Big-D was being out on the trail and Dan proceeded to prove them correct by riding over to where we were having a drink on this abomination...

Day%206-100-L.jpg

It does not get much gheyer than that I'm afraid.

I forgot to add this one photo from the recon ride out to Chicken Corners....

Day%206-3-L.jpg

and this was the track we followed out and back from the Great White North Liberation Army Headquarters....

moab%20track%20-%20day%201-L.png

Oh...I saw something gheyr than that, but I'm not gonna rat Dan out. Haha...Poor Dan.

Patch Yamafitter were NOT disappointed today when I showed them how to eat shit with style.

This place is fun as all Hell...AND, Bill, Steve and Tom are all studs!!

Awesome..... wish I was there.....

Tom, while you are away I had to break into your house for some oil filters....hope you don't mind. BTW: Sorry about some of the breakage... the 20 I behind left should cover it.

No need to hurry home. Snow is still on the ground and the cold is not going away.

Day Two of the MOAB ride and I left Tom who is more than capable of rounding up all the GS wimps and I headed out with Patch & HotRoadZilla to play in the rocks & the sand to the north of Moab. Big-D didn't come along with us since he got his WR all dusty the day before and ran out of baby wipes trying to clean the bike up and refused to ride a dusty dirt bike.

The three of us reached base camp about 10:30 and noticed that HotRoad Zilla's borrowed bike had a soft rear tire. You would think that with all the hot air at Zilla's disposal he would not need a pump....

Day%207-5-L.jpg

By 10:30 we had everything sorted out and headed out to play in the rocks and the sand....

Day%207-8-L.jpg

After Patch ghosted the bike up the step he had to climb up after it.....

Day%207-12-L.jpg

We rugged Canadians eat Moab rock like pizza.....

Day%207-15-L.jpg

This morning it is 32oF right now in Moab so we are going to wait a bit to let the sun warm things up and we will try the Kane Canyon Trail.

I also have a rough edit of video that features Zilla taking various soil samples to be posted later.......

Great pics. Keep them coming. Looks like a great winter vacation spot.

Canadian FJR
Isn't Canada always in Winter? Moab is cool, but this march was too cold, April would have been much better, although apparently it is usually in the 60's. Oh, that "abomination" is a blast to ride.