The Left Side Story - inspirational to say the least

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope this considered on topic.
I think it was... thanks for sharing, Bluesey! B) A good friend of mine lost his arm in a car racing accident when he was 19. He was told he would never ride again... he decided he would... and he does.... dirt, street, track and he rocks! The prothesis on his left arm locks into the handlebar and has a safety release mechanism should he need to let go... just goes to show that if you really want to do something, there is a way to do it. :)

Hey Hans...You outta take that "wasted" five minutes and use it to get over yourself. Seriously.

You're too good to watch this, but you have the audacity to waste our time with: I'm scared of my motorcycle and I might die...Whaah. I went to my home town and wrote about my sensitive feelings and took some pictures and it'll never be the same...Whaaaah. and duh!!

Let's see...California drivers are scary, my bosses at Berkeley are mean, I don't know how to use my clutch...and on and on and on...Whaaah. You talk just to hear yourself talk...Yet you can't "waste" five piddly minutes seeing something about someone who actually did something with their life. Gimme a break.

Funny how my initial impressions of people always bare fruit.

Interesting way to reduce weight on your race bike ... ;)

I have an Internet - other forum friend that recently was in a crash with a car that lost his right foot (from about eight inches below his knee down) His spirits remain high and we've discussed altering motorcycles for him to ride again.

I'm glad he took my advice and invested in motoport Kevlar gear. Other than having his foot severed by the impact he sustained no other injury. (So even the best gear doesn't make you invincible) :(

Being strong enough to not let adversity change your life is the choice I'd likely make too.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting way to reduce weight on your race bike ...
wink.png

I have an Internet - other forum friend that recently was in a crash with a car that lost his right foot (from about eight inches below his knee down) His spirits remain high and we've discussed altering motorcycles for him to ride again.

I'm glad he took my advice and invested in motoport Kevlar gear. Other than having his foot severed by the impact he sustained no other injury. (So even the best gear doesn't make you invincible)
sad.png

Being strong enough to not let adversity change your life is the choice I'd likely make too.....
What's that saying... if life gives you lemons, make lemonade. ;)

Tell your friend that he can do anything he puts his mind to... anything is possible if you want to make it happen. Sending best wishes to him in his recovery too! B)

Ya know the difference between people that can accomplish anything and those that can't?

The ones that give up never make it ;)

Because being snarky, trollish, and curmudgeonly, I really hate sappy sentimental feel-good back-from-diversity stories. So you saved me from giving up 5 minutes of my life. Thank you. And I'm not old! (Much.) Now if I could only get back all the time it took to type these comments. And these. And these.....
Wow...
I'm kinda wishin' I could get back the few seconds I wasted reading your literary effort. I can't imagine how much more time you've wasted making 3000+ posts. Maybe if you try hard you could get that time back also. Next time you see a "suspect" video link do everybody a favor and click on by. Maybe make better use of your time by kicking your dog or something.

This guy is AMAZING!!
Wootrock.gif
I always feel like a want to have some kind of introduction before I invest 5 minutes on a promise that something is amazing. Can you give us a hint? It's like that dynamite video, which is something like 12 minutes. I saw it getting a lot of action, but I just don't want to take the chance that it's dumb. The problem is, everything posted on forums, FB, et al., these days gets raving recommendations by the posters, and then it turns out to be really mediocre. So what's so amazing in ALL CAPS?
He was hit by a drunk driver and lost his right arm and leg because of it... but he found a way to ride again. Take a chance... ya old poop.
tongue.png
Now you see, that's perfect. Thank you. Because being snarky, trollish, and curmudgeonly, I really hate sappy sentimental feel-good back-from-diversity stories. So you saved me from giving up 5 minutes of my life. Thank you. And I'm not old! (Much.) Now if I could only get back all the time it took to type these comments. And these. And these.....
Well let me help you out Burleigh. Let this be a suggestion to you. Why don't you just stick to reading and commenting on your own posts then you won't have to worry about how much time is spent on posts by others. Maybe then your world will be all sugar and spice and with all that extra time maybe you could do something amazing. But be sure to keep it to yourself. I may not have enough spare seconds let alone minutes to read or comment on it. It would be horrific to think I wasted any time on it. JSNS.

Tyler - Thank you for posting. I found it interesting and a real testament to just how far one can go with the right attitude and enough desire.
thumbsup.gif

You're just mad cuz he named his dirty GPS girl Sheila.

"Oh yeah Sheila. Tell me where to go...Yeah...Tell me where to turn. Recalculate me for not following your instructions Sheila. Oh yeah...Recalculate me...RECALCULATE ME!!!!!!!"

"Oh yeah Sheila. Tell me where to go...Yeah...Tell me where to turn. Recalculate me for not following your instructions Sheila. Oh yeah...Recalculate me...RECALCULATE ME!!!!!!!"
No. As always. You're wrong again......

#1. You're jealous cuz he thought of it first and #2. I certainly wouldn't have any issue in telling either one of you where to go.......

tonguesmiley.gif

#1. You're jealous cuz he thought of it first and #2. I certainly wouldn't have any issue in telling either one of you where to go.......

tonguesmiley.gif
KneeToGroin.gif

tonguesmiley.gif
KneeToGroin.gif
Mick: I am so very damn proud to be your Irish Cousin, if we Fenians can't fix it at least we'll always fuck it up! Slainte, Erin ga' Bragh!

Being a bear of very little brain, and even less ambition, I spent 38 years working in a grocery store. About 25 years ago I was talking to a customer who shopped from his wheelchair. He was about 40 and the subject was his lifeless legs.

When he was 19, a friend of his was drafted and they had a party for him. They all got tanked and my customer crashed his bike on the way home, never to walk again. His buddy died in Vietnam. "I was the lucky one!"

This customer never stopped riding. At the time, he had a motorcycle with saddlebags for his groceries and a special sidecar with a retractable ramp for his wheelchair. He had hand controls that allowed him to operate the bike from the drive-in sidecar.

And he's the lucky one.

This guy is AMAZING!!
Wootrock.gif
I always feel like a want to have some kind of introduction before I invest 5 minutes on a promise that something is amazing. Can you give us a hint? It's like that dynamite video, which is something like 12 minutes. I saw it getting a lot of action, but I just don't want to take the chance that it's dumb. The problem is, everything posted on forums, FB, et al., these days gets raving recommendations by the posters, and then it turns out to be really mediocre. So what's so amazing in ALL CAPS?
He was hit by a drunk driver and lost his right arm and leg because of it... but he found a way to ride again. Take a chance... ya old poop.
tongue.png
Wait a minute. Is he left-handed?

(Plus, he's still got a full head of hair. Must be nice.)
laugh.png

Not even worth the 4 seconds I'd take too shit out my thoughts. If I did? I would insult a political bent and this fuker would be SLAMMED shut.

Back in the mid-1980s I used to watch a dude race motocross, missing his right arm. He just rode one-handed. He was very competitive and sometimes won. The guy is still around, name Murn Meyers (sp), from Ronan, MT. I find these cases inspirational. Thanks, Tyler.

Interesting way to reduce weight on your race bike ...
wink.png

I'm glad he took my advice and invested in motoport Kevlar gear. Other than having his foot severed by the impact he sustained no other injury. (So even the best gear doesn't make you invincible)
sad.png

What's that saying... if life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
wink.png

Tell your friend that he can do anything he puts his mind to... anything is possible if you want to make it happen. Sending best wishes to him in his recovery too!
cool.png
You're the one to know, girl.

I thought at one point we'd lost YOUR sunshine as an inmate here.

You overcame it through attitude and equipment and are inspiring in your own right.

As a truly wise man said: With our thoughts, we make our world.

This guy is AMAZING!!
Wootrock.gif
So you spent several minutes to ask why this 5 minute video is so amazing, instead of just watching the first 20 - 30 seconds.

You didn't "want to take the chance that it was dumb"? What exactly were the risks factors you were considering? What exactly made you so hesitant to "take the chance"? Have you been hurt in the past?

That has to be one of the DUMBEST (notice the CAPS!) and most egotistical statements I've seen in a while. Do we all need to provide an executive summary for our posts so YOU can more quickly decide whether or not to read the entire post and "chance" wasting your obviously valuable time?

Gentlemen, start your flamethrowers!

Settle down there, ferrit.....not even close to friday just yet..........We have sunshines to make fun of first...........