The new Ride Texas magazine cover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmdaniel

Has A Well Known Member
Reaction score
Well, lookee what I found in my mailbox today!

RideTexas_zps5d6c9094.jpg

The best FJR color evah, Garauld's highway pegs, some subtle pinstripe flames, what could be finer? Well, those fugly mirrors could come off, and not sure if that's a headlight burned out or the angle the shot was taken, but still...

The rider is identified as Kendal Larson; are you here, Kendal?

That bike's been ridden. Those rock chips on the lower forks don't get there in 10,000 miles. I'd love to see the ghost flames on that bike better. Does the article within the mag show the bike more? BTW - the Jefferson, TX area is nice riding. I've ridden off the beaten path up there in route to Mena, Arkansas to ride the Talimena Highway and southern Arkansas.

I've got the same riding jacket in the same color.

That bike's been ridden. Those rock chips on the lower forks don't get there in 10,000 miles. I'd love to see the ghost flames on that bike better. Does the article within the mag show the bike more? BTW - the Jefferson, TX area is nice riding. I've ridden off the beaten path up there in route to Mena, Arkansas to ride the Talimena Highway and southern Arkansas.
I've got the same riding jacket in the same color.
The article in the mag was actually written by Mr. Larson, and does show a few more pics of the bike. That headlight is burned out...

The 'ol FJR is looking good!

Can you provide additional info on "Smartphone apps every rider needs"?

TIA

--G

TIA

--G
That article was written by Wayne Roth, who evidently is an Austin resident, like me. Some of the apps he mentions:

1. Waze
  2. iExit
  3. Weather Underground
  4. Camera+
  5. First Aid - American Red Cross
There are quite a few others mentioned in the body of the article, but those are the ones he highlighted.

Those are grasshopper guts on the fork lowers, in a week they eat through metal. I used to subscribe to that rag, thought they folded and went away. good cover pic, the FJR is perfect for Texas 10 months out of the year. FZ or Versys for the hot months.

TIA

--G
That article was written by Wayne Roth, who evidently is an Austin resident, like me. Some of the apps he mentions:

1. Waze
  2. iExit
  3. Weather Underground
  4. Camera+
  5. First Aid - American Red Cross
There are quite a few others mentioned in the body of the article, but those are the ones he highlighted.
Awesome, thanks!

--G

Those are grasshopper guts on the fork lowers, in a week they eat through metal. I used to subscribe to that rag, thought they folded and went away. good cover pic, the FJR is perfect for Texas 10 months out of the year. FZ or Versys for the hot months.
Yeah, I quit subscribing for awhile as well, as it was too expensive. Lured back with a pretty good 2 year sub price.