The Old Michael Memory Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, here's my .02 worth, pics courtesy of Mrs. CAJW.... ride courtesy of some great folks, tons of fun!

OM and Laura conducting the pre-ride helmet inspection ritual

DSC_0012_zps489ee511.jpg

Little girl quote "Daddy, Daddy, that looks just like the real OM, could it be?!!"

DSC_0013_zps92a77a47.jpg

Olympia riding gear Male Models

DSC_0015_zps119a93eb.jpg

Marine layer pushing over the hills, keeping temps perfect!

DSC_0018_zpse6b42204.jpg

Awesome scenery, glad it finally started raining here in the Golden State

DSC_0020_zps1b0cb5fd.jpg

When we passed this officer, she yelled something about looking for a guy with a yellow melon

DSC_0060_zpsc78e13ce.jpg

One of the few pics we got of the Hippo in action

DSC_0061_zps32dc19d6.jpg

One of the many ooh factors

DSC_0075_zpsf3ee3cf0.jpg

Obligatory sheep pic

DSC_0097_zpsbb18f928.jpg

Obligatory barn pic

DSC_0099_zpsff2eca16.jpg

One of surely many selfies taken by OM that day

DSC_0101_zps8808367e.jpg

Did anyone notice we were in wine country?

DSC_0137_zps9e92e4a7.jpg

I'm sure this pic of Brad and Christy will be used by the winery for ads appealing to hooligans

DSC_0114_zps09c1814f.jpg

Leaving the wine tasting locked and loaded

DSC_0119_zps4226f96f.jpg

Bonus barn pic

DSC_0138_zpsa6b63906.jpg

After lunch cluster

DSC_0150_zps29c8c00f.jpg

A "few" Golden poppies in the hills

DSC_0184_zps26dc473a.jpg

Nice

DSC_0191_zps46bd2e23.jpg

OM in his usual state of meditation ( Kevin & Maree are probably thinking "WTF, now? here?") (Mark and Laura are probably thinking "we're so sorry you had to witness this")

DSC_0197_zps886e20ed.jpg

Trance broken, he's back!

DSC_0198_zps163827e4.jpg

Never saw OM after this shot

DSC_0200_zps8e731638.jpg

Fun day for sure!

OM in his usual state of meditation
DSC_0197_zps886e20ed.jpg
It would have been fair if you'd taken a full-length picture, John. He was actually floating about two inches off the ground.

And here are the results of Kevin's fix. A lot of the supporting structure holding up the mirror and light brackets and the accessory shelf was pretty twisted, in addition to some cosmetic cracking of upper plastic. It came out pretty well. There was no charge at all for all the windshield stickers (Kevin had his own Aussie flag ready to apply). Heading out. First scheduled stop on the way to CAJW's is Chief Auto Parts for a right headlight bulb. Safe travels.

a0837626-053d-4f5f-8713-b519e010e0e3_zps624784ca.jpg

rolleyes.gif
Wouldn't it be cheaper to hire Beemerdons to stand out there. He is full for hot air and they would get free fertilizer cause he is full of bulls#%t JSNS
rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to all of you for the great photos, and more importantly for making last Saturday a really nice time.

I got very few good photos, but I'd be a dick to not share them with y'all.

Here ya go ….

Springtime in this part of the world is a beautiful thing.

Our RIDE LEADER/RIDE ORGANIZER/GURU Bokerfork (Mark) on the left. CAJW (JohnnyDog) on the right.

Saying important stuff to each other. Probably.

Oh, shit. How did THIS get in here?

More motorcycles and green things.

We stopped a few times, and it's always fun to listen in on the little group conversations ….

Zooming along, making gestures.

Observations.

DougieBear (Bugnatr) is as smooth as silk on that Giant Honda he rides now. Just think what he could do on a KTM!

Kevin and Maree are a couple of groovy Aussies. I'd love to have a few drinks with Kevin sometime. I'm guessing he'd

be a good story teller.

The stop at the winery was a highlight. The gals all loved it, 'cause we all know that Forum pillions are some hard-drinkin' wenches.

Brad (Uberkul) might just be the best photographer on the Forum. He really oughta share more of his work with us.

I don't know WHO invited these guys.

Sacramento Mike is a special bastard. He's originally from Syracuse, so he talks sorta funny and says funny things.

Okay. I shoulda stopped five pictures ago.

It was a good day.

I know it gets said often, but if you want to spend time with a bunch of genuinely good folks, go on a ride with FJRForum people.

Brother Mick, it's truly amazing how much John and Mark look exactly like Brad Pitt and George Clooney! They must be their Hollywood doubles, REALLY!

IMG_0468_zpsfb8a5af1.jpg

Damn ebay anyway! The guy I bought it from In Sacramento said there was room for 6 adults! False advertising fuk!

His name was Mike BTW.

Beemerdons was snorkeling in that pool shot..