The route via Hwy 89

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evil_henchman

Reaction score
Just got back from my little recon trip to Meadow Lake via Hwy 89. The road is indeed paved to Webber Lake which turned out to be a privately owned ranch. The road from Webber to Meadow is 10 miles of gravel seven of which are what I call gravel highway with the last three being typical woods road but nothing anything on four wheels couldn’t get by on, at least to the group campground/OHV staging area. From there the road around and next to the lake gets funky enough to keep my RV out anyway. Never did find a concrete slab at Meadow. Where is it?

Here's my son next to Tollhouse Lake representing Team Green

DSC01281.jpg

Here's me representing Team Blue (as if there's any other color)

DSC01283.jpg

What a great spot for Cheetos and PB&J sandwiches, a little lake with no name between Jackson Meadows and Tollhouse

DSC01285.jpg

I guess we'll have to show you the slab. It's in the meadow on the dam end of Meadow Lake.

I was on the south side of 80 yesterday, not far from the Hwy 20 turnoff, on the FJR -- exploring. Now I gotta get the dual sport up there, because the Feejer wasn't going to go past the end of the pavement (about 9 miles in). I'd been curious from looking at maps and wondering about ways down the canyons and over to other main ridges. What I saw only intrigued me more, and after looking at the maps again last night, there is definitely some exploring to be done on the DS over there!

Last edited by a moderator: