The Torque-Curve

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadDogMcQ

Reaction score
I was telling a friend recently about the huge 100ft/lb torque of the FJR1300 and he asked what revs were required to reach that 100ft/lb. I told him that it was somewhere around 7000rpm and he said he preferred his torque to be produced at much lower revs. Well hell yes, so do I, but I didn't have sufficient knowledge to point out to him that even at 4000rpm it produces xxft/lb.

Anyone know what the torque-curve is over the rpm range?? Be interesting to know.

Tom

Here ya go:

DynoChart.jpg

What kind of bike does your friend ride?

JW

Looking at that chart then thinking about riding it at full throttle from 6000-8200 rpms gives me a woody.

Tell your friend if he can find a bike that produces 100 pounds of torque at 4000 rpms, I'll buy 2.

04_DYNO_Yamaha_FJR1300.jpg

As you can see, torque is pretty good between 4-7k rpm ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at that chart then thinking about riding it at full throttle from 6000-8200 rpms gives me a woody.
Tell your friend if he can find a bike that produces 100 pounds of torque at 4000 rpms, I'll buy 2.
A quick search online found these two:

Triumph Rocket III

Maximum Power

140bhp at 6,000 rpm

Maximum Torque

147ft.lbf at 2,500 rpm

Honda Valkyrie Rune

Horsepower: 90.6 @ 5250 rpm

Torque: 110.9 ft.-lbs. @ 2500 rpm

;)

I'm sure captain america can add a chart or two to this.....though, they may be somewhat disheartening.

I was telling a friend recently about the huge 100ft/lb torque of the FJR1300 and he asked what revs were required to reach that 100ft/lb. I told him that it was somewhere around 7000rpm and he said he preferred his torque to be produced at much lower revs. Well hell yes, so do I, but I didn't have sufficient knowledge to point out to him that even at 4000rpm it produces xxft/lb.
Anyone know what the torque-curve is over the rpm range?? Be interesting to know.

Tom
Tom, also remember that gear ratio is just as important as engine torque. Oh, and at 3,000 RPM a FJR is at only ~20 MPH in 1st gear. So, you get to the fat part of the torque curve quickly. :yahoo:

Triumph Rocket III

Maximum Power

140bhp at 6,000 rpm

Maximum Torque

147ft.lbf at 2,500 rpm

Honda Valkyrie Rune

;)
Crap, now I have to go buy 4 motorcycles!

I'm sure captain america can add a chart or two to this.....though, they may be somewhat disheartening.
Nice! Just wanted to let you know that this little dig didn't go unnoticed. :clapping:

Triumph Rocket III

Maximum Power

140bhp at 6,000 rpm

Maximum Torque

147ft.lbf at 2,500 rpm

Honda Valkyrie Rune

;)
Crap, now I have to go buy 4 motorcycles!

Now thats funny!